News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Paul Payne

Re:Best place for a golf course that is OFF LIMITS?
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2006, 08:31:53 PM »
Sleeping Bear reminded me...

How about Grand Marais in the U.P. of Michigan. Now THOSE are some stately dunes. The property up top is spectacular but protected.

Wayne_Kozun

« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2006, 09:52:11 PM »
This is a slam dunk -- how much great undeveloped coast line must there be in Cuba -- hopefully soon within the limits.
Offsite to some but not all.  Varadero Golf Club was designed by Canadian Les Furber.

This is OT but why is China OK (for America to trade with) but Cuba not?  The Chinese seem to violate human rights more than Fidel.  Is it just because of the anti-Castro Cubans in Florida?

JR Potts

« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2006, 09:57:08 PM »
How about the Cliffs of Moher

« Last Edit: August 04, 2006, 09:59:33 PM by Ryan Potts »

Doug Ralston

« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2006, 11:55:49 PM »
Ryan;

Of course it is. Florida is too important, and the Cuban population is therefor disproportionately powerful.

Doug

Buck Wolter

« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2006, 12:06:11 AM »
Aerial of Sleeping Bear Dunes
http://tinyurl.com/fjkta

There's actually a NLE 9-holer just north of the small lake, the fairways have 'treed in' -- now part of the Nat'l Lakeshore.

Those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience -- CS Lewis

Ted Kramer

« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2006, 09:40:26 AM »
There is an incredible dunes-scape on Breezy Point, a barrier beach on the Brooklyn/Queens border. I have a few buddies who live in Breezy and everytime I'm there I can't help but imagine how well a golf course would fit amongst those dunes.

-Ted

Doug Siebert

« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2006, 12:21:36 AM »
How about the Cliffs of Moher

They did build that course, near Kinsale.  OK, the cliffs there are more like 300 feet than 700, but its just as cool standing on the edge and looking straight down from either one.

If you want to build a course near a precipice, how about having a course running around the Rock of Gibraltar?  Might be a bit narrow, but as long as it went around counterclockwise I'd have no problem with it!  A nice brisk walk playing 9 holes up to the top, take in the view and get a bite to eat at the little shop on top, then take the tram back down.  Free drop if one of the monkeys steals your ball ;)
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back