News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tommy Williamsen

Re:best private club buddy trip
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2006, 04:49:44 PM »
Tim, The owner of Outback is one of the owners of Old Memorial.  The steaks he gets for the club are not the same as he gets for his steak houses.
Where there is no love, put love; there you will find love.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

david h. carroll

« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2006, 06:52:29 PM »
I hear a small little place in Ooltewah, TN is pretty special....

Tiger_Bernhardt

« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2006, 07:04:58 PM »
There are many I have not seen that I am sure would trump some of these. I feel good about the first two being at the head of any list. Oh Tom you GD guys are as thin skined as a an 0 and 8 football coach after two losing seasons.
1. Cypress Pointe
2. Sand Hills
3. Royal St. Georges
4. Mountain Lake
5. Mayacama
6. Corde Valle
7. Sage Valley
8. Preserve
9. I feel like Bandon Dunes belongs here even if it is a hotel and open to the general public
10. Champions
I got a feeling Royal Lytham and St. Annes is pretty good living in the Dormy house which I will see in October
« Last Edit: August 06, 2006, 07:05:29 PM by Tiger_Bernhardt »

Ryan Farrow

« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2006, 07:08:05 PM »
The carriage house at Oakmont ain't so shabby.

I believe you are speaking of the Gate House? Not to be confused with the Pro's Cottage. Did you happen to use the putting green in the backyard? It's still the only green I have yet to mow  ;D

Gene Greco

« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2006, 08:36:06 PM »
   One might consider adding Sebonack to this list if one has a buddy who paid the million to join and has access to the "cottages" overlooking the Peconic (and NGLA).
"...I don't believe it is impossible to build a modern course as good as Pine Valley.  To me, Sand Hills is just as good as Pine Valley..."    TOM DOAK  November 6th, 2010

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2006, 09:57:51 AM »
To Rich Goodale:

Your point about "buddy trips" is a good one, with which I rather agree.  Just do understand that is NOT what GD was evaluating here - see my initial post in this thread.  The "buddy" part has zero to do with anything, including the price of tea in China.

;)

Garry Cox

« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2006, 10:12:55 AM »
I place in nomination:

1.  NGLA: assuming the member can arrange for dinner and the sleeping rooms upstairs.  I have been fortunate to have participated in a couple of small group events at NGLA and the arrangements have been excellent together with a great course.

2.  Flint Hills National in Wichita, KS.  Fun and challenging Fazio with wonderful cottages on premise with a private chef available for dinner at the cottages.  Excellent staff and amenities.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back