News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Glenn Spencer

I Still Can't Believe IT!!
« on: August 01, 2006, 03:44:45 PM »
Three friends called and said they wanted to play someplace different. I said, 'fine, but where?' We ended up playing Buck Point Golf Club in Liberty, Indiana on Brookville Lake. I know, I have never heard of any of the three, either. It is a P.B. Dye designed golf course that measures 7014 yards and it is right next to a 22-mile lake. P.B. Dye and another fellow leased the land and built the course for $1.5 million. The golf is not unbelievable or anything, but it is really, really good and a lot of fun to play. The back nine is fabulous, with only one questionable hole- 15 the 591-yard par 5, I did not like the tee-shot at all from the back. The second is blind and kind of good though. 10 is a 494-yard uphill par 5 that has a wild and big green. 11 is 390-yard dogleg right, cape hole around the lake. 12 is a 478-yard par 4 dogleg left with a great, raised green and death to the left. 13 is a solid, 227-yard par 3. 14 is a little different, but cool. Tight, short hole with wate guarding the green. 16 is a beautiful par 3 down the hill and looking at the lake. 17 is a short par 4 of 334, but it is drivable from the back and water all down the left and in front. Probably about 265 to carry right at the green. 18 is a solid 480 par 4 with water protecting the green on the left. The front is not as good, but starts with 3 short par 4's and then back-to-back par 5s. 6 is a great par 3 and you feel like you could fall into the marina. The problem was the green was 30 yards from the water and it should have been right on it, I thougt. 7 is a fabulous par 4, that requires an accurate tee shot and quality second. 8 is a good par 3 and 9 is a good par 4 with a really cool approach. The conditioning is a little suspect, but a great layout. This comes from someone who did not think a whole lot of Dye's Heritage Club. Their website is buckpointgolf.com to read how they pulled it off.
Green Fees? 45 on weekend, 32 after 1 pm. An absolute steal.

Jesse Jones

Re:I Still Can't Believe IT!!
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2006, 04:04:46 PM »
Glenn,

I played Buck Point about two years ago. The group included Eric Thomas, Box Miller and Ickey Woods.
I thought the course is the definition of "Big Bang--Little Buck"..
It had a little bit of everything..The course starts as a typical parkland course. Then you hit the lakeside holes. Then you head back inland and play some target golf...I loved the long par 3 on the backside followed by that funky par four that wraps around the woods and rock.
If you are in the Cinci area looking for some cheap golf..That's the way to go..
Glenn..I can't believe we never played together in Cinci..

Jesse

Glenn Spencer

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2006, 04:40:53 PM »
Jesse,

I can't believe that you have been out there. It is really a pretty damn good golf course. I have only been in Cincinnati for about 8-9 months. I used to live in Dayton for most of my life. We probably haven't met, because I am always stuck playing Hills' stuff, while you are too smart for that.

p.s.- Who is Box Miller when he is at home? and does Ickey do the shuffle when he birdies? ;D

« Last Edit: August 01, 2006, 04:41:41 PM by Glenn Spencer »

Jordan Wall

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2006, 05:11:29 PM »
Jesse,

I can't believe that you have been out there. It is really a pretty damn good golf course. I have only been in Cincinnati for about 8-9 months. I used to live in Dayton for most of my life. We probably haven't met, because I am always stuck playing Hills' stuff, while you are too smart for that.

Jesse has never played a Hills course.
Ever.

Jordan

;D ;D

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back