News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

TEPaul

Shackelford and Bamberger's IM exchange
« on: July 30, 2006, 12:10:13 PM »
Check out the IM exchange on the GeoffShackelford website between GeoffShac and SI's Michael Bamberger (primarily about Tiger and Hoylake).

These two guys have pretty original thoughts and perspectives. I know them both and I don't know where their thoughts come from but it's never seemed to me that they ever wholesale borrow them from anyone else.

GS has this new idea that may be referred to as "spontaneity" that is totally fascinating me that seems like it could be applied to golf and architecture in all kinds of interesting ways. Of course there always seem to be some inherent niggling little obstacles of perception or fairness issues or whatever to it.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2006, 12:11:26 PM by TEPaul »

Paul Richards

Re:Shackelford and Bamberger's IM exchange
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2006, 12:13:42 PM »
Tom

Can you post a link?
"Something has to change, otherwise the never-ending arms race that benefits only a few manufacturers will continue to lead to longer courses, narrower fairways, smaller greens, more rough, more expensive rounds, and other mechanisms that will leave golf's future in doubt." -  TFOG

Paul Carey

Adam Clayman

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2006, 01:04:54 PM »
It was odd the man went from calling Royal Liverpool "dull" to saying he'd pony up the green fee in heartbeat. Also the reminding aspect of how different these guys look at courses... I don't think it's any different. The same spectrum of opinion seems to exist within the pros as with novices.
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing your whole life." - Mickey Mantle

Paul Richards

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2006, 08:36:19 PM »
Thank you, Paul

;)
"Something has to change, otherwise the never-ending arms race that benefits only a few manufacturers will continue to lead to longer courses, narrower fairways, smaller greens, more rough, more expensive rounds, and other mechanisms that will leave golf's future in doubt." -  TFOG

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back