News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Paul Richards

Tuhaye
« on: July 26, 2006, 04:32:04 PM »
A friend is heading out to Utah and mentioned this new course, Tuhaye.

Anyone have any information on this course?

Cheers!

:)
"Something has to change, otherwise the never-ending arms race that benefits only a few manufacturers will continue to lead to longer courses, narrower fairways, smaller greens, more rough, more expensive rounds, and other mechanisms that will leave golf's future in doubt." -  TFOG

Mark Leo

Re:Tuhaye
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2006, 04:40:45 PM »
Private, real-estate based course.  Need a member sponsor/accompany to play.  Designed by Mark O'Meara in the rolling hills above Jordanelle Reservoir just east of Park City, UT  Scheduled to play it in a couple of weeks.  Saw course during construction many times and also a couple of months ago.  Seems to have  alot of elevation change which is consistent with its site.  Right now doesn't appear to have a lot of encroachment by real estate, but there are only a few homes under contruction right now.  Looking at the master plans, there will be a lot of homes eventually. Will report back later!

Joel_Stewart

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2006, 05:50:34 PM »
I read this on a web site.  If Mark O'Meara is involved, I can guarantee complete mediocrity.

"The Course - This new golf course development is just 15 minutes east of Park City, Utah and is the newest addition to the Park City golf empire.  The golf course is designed by renowned PGA golf professional and Deer Valley resident Mark O'Meara.  The all bent grass golf course overlooks the Jordanelle Reservoir and the back side of the world-class ski area, Deer Valley. Fantastic views, challenging course design and a master planned luxury golf community is now a standard in the area.  The golf course features a nine hole par 3 course and a 19th hole for those tight tie-breaker matches. A spectacular clubhouse is being built by a world-class architect Robert A.M. Stern and is scheduled for completion for 2006."

Paul Richards

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2006, 07:45:06 PM »
Joel

>If Mark O'Meara is involved, I can guarantee complete mediocrity.

What do you mean by this?

???
"Something has to change, otherwise the never-ending arms race that benefits only a few manufacturers will continue to lead to longer courses, narrower fairways, smaller greens, more rough, more expensive rounds, and other mechanisms that will leave golf's future in doubt." -  TFOG

Joel_Stewart

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2006, 10:37:43 PM »
O'Meara acted as the player consultant to the TPC Valencia in Southern California.   It is by far the worst TPC course and is an utter failure in both architecture and as a viable money making operation.

O'Meara is a short hitter who doesn't take chances on the golf course.  I don't see him taking any chances in architecture.

O'Meara is well known as being the cheapest player on tour.  He never reaches for a check, doesn't tip and flys TWA (Tiger Woods Airline) as often as he can.  He won't spend to build a golf course.

Having not played Tuhaya, I'll trust your judgement or anyone elses on the merit of the golf course but would be shocked if it has any interesting features.  

PS. Th clubhouse sounds cool if its built by Robert A.M. Stern.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back