News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Craig_Rokke

Re:Revised Tee Times for Philadelphia GCA Outing @ Lederach, July 21
« Reply #75 on: July 22, 2006, 09:22:31 PM »
I'd agree with Mike Sweeney's sentiments. I've played Morgan Hill and Lederach, and I think KBM's done well with what he's had to work with. I'd also like to see him get a really good parcel of land, with no housing etc etc.

Mike_Sweeney

« Reply #76 on: July 22, 2006, 09:35:15 PM »

But, it probably doesn't have as many choices as Lederach. That wasn't as much of an issue then as now. But,my guess is that Yale in its early years was unusual because it was so challenging.

Mayday,

I want to start out that by saying I probably agree with you on the options of Lederach vs Yale.

I am curious about your statement of "That wasn't as much of an issue then as now."

Why do you believe that options or rather a lack of options was not a issue in the 1920's?

Second question, do you believe that Yale is not unusual today, and why not? What else is like it?

The closest that I have played to Lederach is Silva's Redtail in Massachusetts, which I also liked.

mike_malone

« Reply #77 on: July 22, 2006, 10:34:47 PM »
Mike,

This is my third attempt to answer. (My wife is the wireless access techie!)

Kelly provided a "choice orgy" which distinguishes his course from all the other public access options.

I expect that Yale was built more to display the excellent holes of the British Isles on a different terrain than NGLA. I was reminded of NGLA as I played Yale.

So, "choices" seems to be more what distinguishes Kelly from his competition today while  homage to the classic holes was Raynor's distinguishing characteristic.

For some reason I don't have much desire to go out of my way to see more Raynor while I still am working to see more Flynn.
AKA Mayday

Steve Lapper

Re:Comments re: Philadelphia GCA Outing @ Lederach, July 21
« Reply #78 on: July 23, 2006, 09:18:01 AM »
Guys,

Kelly has a good piece of land without housing: Old Bridge, NJ! Just ask him (when he gets back from vacation).

Now only if the town and the NJ DEP can get their acts together and resolve what they all agree should not be an issue: Lease length!
The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking."--John Kenneth Galbraith

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back