News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Nick Pozaric

Re:Best Locker Room
« Reply #75 on: July 21, 2006, 08:46:17 AM »
I second Mr. Huntley's nomination of the Valley Club of Montecito.  The locker room opens directly into the men's grill!  I always choose a seat that looks in the opposite direction -- there's something about a naked old guy walking from the shower to his locker that can really kill your appetite for that lunch buffet!  ::)

room.  8)
Similar to Muirfield Village how they are attached.  First time  I was there my seat was facing the entrance to the showers, oops

Mike Hoak

« Reply #76 on: July 21, 2006, 09:24:47 AM »
Burning Tree.  The government agency flags along the ceiling are a nice touch.

Bob Jenkins

« Reply #77 on: July 21, 2006, 01:41:11 PM »

I totally agree on San Francisco Golf Club and Cypress Point but another outstanding locker room is at Capilano. Huge room with a vaulted ceiling, all glass on the end with a lounge to play cards, have a beer, looking down on the course towards the mountain. Great atmosphere.

Bob Jenkins

Brent Hutto

« Reply #78 on: July 21, 2006, 01:48:29 PM »
Here's a question for your locker room aficianados...

Is it just my imagination or is the visitor's locker room at Cypress Point a dead ringer for the one at Walton Heath (or vice versa)? When I walked into the one at Walton Heath last month it was an instant case of serious deja vu and I think CPC was the source of the flashback.

I know Tony Muldoon was so taken with the enormous water flow available from the shower heads at Walton Heath that he took a shower between the morning and afternoon rounds.

Bob_Huntley

« Reply #79 on: July 21, 2006, 02:40:39 PM »
My fav's:

Seminole
Castle Pines
Bel Air
Redstick

Bel Air,

Upstairs or down?

Bob

Bob_Huntley

« Reply #80 on: July 21, 2006, 02:44:35 PM »
The R&A - the upstairs lockers with a view of the first tee

I think you mean The Big Room lockers.

Bob

Andy Silis

« Reply #81 on: July 21, 2006, 05:12:44 PM »
Best Old: Tie: Seminole and Garden City Mens
Best New: Easthampton

Dan Herrmann

« Reply #82 on: July 21, 2006, 07:52:50 PM »
TCC in Brookline and Indian Creek get my vote(s).  However, its hard to beat the locker rooms around Philly with the waterfall showers.  Merion and Pine Valley are noteworthy mentions.

The worst are the new showerheads that purport to be Merion-like, but have the ($*& flow restrictors.  It's like showering in a drizzle   :'(

Here's ours at French Creek.  Very nice, but it's missing something.  Problem is that I can't put my finger on it.  History maybe..

« Last Edit: July 21, 2006, 07:57:41 PM by Dan Herrmann »

wsmorrison

« Reply #83 on: July 21, 2006, 08:36:11 PM »
I think Indian Creek tops my list though I haven't been to Seminole or some other crowd favorites.  But TCC, Merion and Pine Valley are worthy considerations as well.  

Dan, nothing worse than a trickle out of a big shower head--I guess you need the old school big pipes and lots of flow.  I don't mind old tiles or slate--but clean is important.  The shower heads at Rolling Green are big in the Philadelphia Shower School Style and have lots of water pressure; probably the best out there.  The only problem there is the soap and drains are too hairy/skanky  :P  Big points lost for those two gross out issues.   I like your clubhouse, Dan.  I think the beams look great and the lockers elegant--maybe a little too much so.  Can't beat the beat up old metal lockers with battleship grey paint got on sale at the Army-Navy store.

Mike_Young

« Reply #84 on: July 21, 2006, 08:51:58 PM »
Merion
Seminole
Ocean forest
"just standing on a corner in Winslow Arizona"

Nick Pozaric

« Reply #85 on: July 22, 2006, 05:55:55 AM »
I think Indian Creek tops my list though I haven't been to Seminole or some other crowd favorites.  But TCC, Merion and Pine Valley are worthy considerations as well.  

Dan, nothing worse than a trickle out of a big shower head--I guess you need the old school big pipes and lots of flow.  I don't mind old tiles or slate--but clean is important.  The shower heads at Rolling Green are big in the Philadelphia Shower School Style and have lots of water pressure; probably the best out there.  The only problem there is the soap and drains are too hairy/skanky  :P  Big points lost for those two gross out issues.   I like your clubhouse, Dan.  I think the beams look great and the lockers elegant--maybe a little too much so.  Can't beat the beat up old metal lockers with battleship grey paint got on sale at the Army-Navy store.
All this talk about showers and shower heads made me remeber how nice they were at Whsitling Straits.  Those things would almost drown you while showering.

Dan Herrmann

« Reply #86 on: July 22, 2006, 06:02:26 AM »
Nick - Bandon's rooms have great showers too

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back