News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

James Brown

Jersey Shore: Sand Barrens and Seaview
« on: May 16, 2016, 09:05:37 PM »
I did a quick trip through Atlantic City last week and got to play Sand Barrens and Seaview. 

Have played Seaview before and it's always in great shape.  Has been discussed here before.

Sand Barrens was a surprisingly interesting find just north of the Cape May ferry.   A Mike Hurzdan course from the late 1990s, was truly a gem.  I thought of it as a NJ version of World Woods Pine Barrens.  Sandy soil.  Choices on tee shots on every hole.  Very walkable.  And $40 to play on a Thursday. 

Searched and saw no mention of Sand Barrens.  Curious what other people think of it.

Brad Fleischer

Re: Jersey Shore: Sand Barrens and Seaview
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2016, 09:23:39 PM »
Been a few years since I played it last but it was always in the rotation when we hit up AC.  I think it flies under the radar a bit due to the private clubs in the vicinity and the fact it's a 40 min drive south from most of the hotels. Twisted dune , Harbour pines and shore gate are all a bit closer to AC . I think it's a pretty good public layout and I get the comparison to WW but in my mind it's not even close as to which is the better course.  That said it's a good public track and worth the play when your in the area.

Next time your there check out cape may national .

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back