News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

David Wigler

Re:I am screwed for life
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2006, 04:02:18 PM »
Jordan,

Believe me they are pure luck (Coming from someone with two).  The second one was pretty funny as Bruce Matthews (The consulting architect at my home course) and I were playing a round together and discussing whether or not our 14th hole was hard enough.  Right after my speech that it was just fine as a relaxing challenge after the first four brutal par three's, I hit it in the hole.  I do not think it helped my argument.

The best male golfer I know and the best female golfer I know both do not have one, while my wife, a 22-handicap, has one on Manele Bay in Hawaii.
And I took full blame then, and retain such now.  My utter ignorance in not trumpeting a course I have never seen remains inexcusable.
Tom Huckaby 2/24/04

George Pazin

« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2006, 04:15:46 PM »
David, did Bruce then turn to you and say the hole was eminently fair?

:)

That's why some high handicappers may have several aces and low handicappers few - the low handicappers probably hit higher shots with more spin (Of course the pros suck them back into the hole because they put sooo much spin on it).

A low handicapper should be able to control his spin. :)

Actually, I doubt there are many if any high handicappers who have several. One, sure, even I have one, but not several.

Didn't Hogan say that hitting it close is skill, knocking it in is luck?

Regardless, Jordan, you are way too young to be so cynical.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2006, 04:16:24 PM by George Pazin »
Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

Joe Hancock

« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2006, 04:28:03 PM »
Regardless, Jordan, you are way too young to be so cynical.

And, way to popular (on this site, at least) to need all this attention....but I could be wrong! :o

Joe
" What the hell is the point of architecture and excellence in design if a "clever" set up trumps it all?" Peter Pallotta, June 21, 2016

"People aren't picking a side of the fairway off a tee because of a randomly internally contoured green ."  jeffwarne, February 24, 2017

Troy Alderson

« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2006, 01:13:58 AM »
Hey Jordan,

You mean you were not screwed for life wearing the pink polo?  I won't dare wear a pink polo, they might think I am "thee Jordan Wall".

HIO, keep at it.  You are hitting them so close, one is bound to go in.  Feel Blessed.

TaylorA

« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2006, 10:15:33 AM »
Maybe this will make you feel better:

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=456243

Pete Stankevich

« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2006, 12:36:20 PM »
TEPaul:
As of right now, I am cashing in my 401K to pay for my tuition to "TEPaul Charm School!"  ;D

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back