News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tommy_Naccarato

Give the guy a break.

He's utilizing the air so much that rumor has it he streaks through airports across the country with a gallery of fans screaming, "Go Doctor Go!" He does it so profoundly that it's rumored that Hertz Rent-A-Car has approached him about being one of their national spokespersons.

In this latest episode of Dr. Klein In The Sky, we visit the wilds of southern Scottsdale and the Talking Stick Club, so test flap your wings and pull down those googles because here we go!.

Enjoy!

« Last Edit: July 10, 2006, 03:42:46 PM by Tommy Naccarato »

Ryan Farrow

Re:And Now, Another Episode of "Dr. Klein In The Sky" (Talking Stick)
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2006, 03:34:39 PM »
I will be playing this one in August. School can't start soon enough.

Brad Klein

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2006, 03:35:10 PM »
Just spent a few days out West.

Was testing out my handy digital camera while approaching Phoenix when up popped Talking Stick out the window.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2006, 04:20:30 PM by Brad Klein »

Jonathan Cummings

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2006, 03:39:43 PM »
What is really impressive is that after Brad had the pilot radio ahead to TS that they would be doing a fly by, the grounds crew ran out and set up giant signs labeling the hole numbers!

:D

JC

Tiger_Bernhardt

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2006, 04:00:00 PM »
Jonathan, Sadly enough I might actually believe that given it is a daily fee. I really enjoyed this course and hope to play it again very soon. Normally these golf factories put me off enough that it takes a few holes to forget what checking in is like, but once I was 10 steps down the 1st fairway I knew all was well.

Bill_McBride

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2006, 06:26:54 PM »
Does anyone else, like me, think the North course is significantly better than the South?  The big differences to me are (1) central bunker features on #4, 5 and 12; and (2) better par 3s on the North, although #13 South was a great little hole.  I didn't think anything on the North was as weak as the two closing holes on the South.  And the water in play on the South was very much out of character for desert golf.

Jason Blasberg

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2006, 06:41:17 PM »
I love catching bonus aerials on take off and landings.  To this day the best I've seen are the Five-Towns area clubs for JFK and northwest Nassau County for LGA, the density of courses is impessive.

Tommy_Naccarato

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2006, 08:34:28 PM »
Jason,
I think we should make Dr. Klein to fly around all of Long Island for a couple of days with his camera!

PAnhandle Bill,
 I think the South is greatly underated. It just doesn't get enough press as it's sister.

As far as water on golf courses in the desert? Well, doesn't most every course in the deserts of Arizona have water on it
?

rjsimper

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2006, 08:52:31 PM »
Flying back from Hong Kong, the LAX approach flight path takes you right over Moorpark - talk about a sight for sore eyes - waking up after a 13 hour flight on our initial descent and looking down on Rustic Canyon from maybe 10k feet.

David Kelly

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2006, 08:59:23 PM »
Flying back from Hong Kong, the LAX approach flight path takes you right over Moorpark - talk about a sight for sore eyes - waking up after a 13 hour flight on our initial descent and looking down on Rustic Canyon from maybe 10k feet.

Can you see the brown patch disease from that far up?
"Whatever in creation exists without my knowledge exists without my consent." - Judge Holden, Blood Meridian.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back