News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

CJ Carder

Am I totally off base saying that the course has a bit of that Bethpage Black feel (minus the island green, of course).

(ducking...)

Actually, I got much more of a Bulle Rock feel than I did BPB.  Only thing missing looked to be some rock borders and a few railroad ties.

HamiltonBHearst

Mr Peters:

Count me (in addition to yourself) that thinks you might have to see more of the golf course to properly analyze it. ::)

You should check out Trump National on your next visit, Jim and Tommy Fazio with even more of the Donalds polish. 

Bill Brightly

Are they really going to call one "Old" and the other "New" or is that just temporary?

ChipOat

If the picture and the commentary are both accurate, there is a really egregous (spell?) example of a really, really Stupid Tree on the 2nd shot of the 8th hole.  I'm sorry, but, like the 18th at Pebble and the 18th at Deepdale, that immediately disqualifies the hole as the best of anything.

What makes those 3 holes so unforgivable is that the great big trees that come into play from the fairway are placed where they are ON PURPOSE.

Yuck.

Jed Peters

You should check out Trump National on your next visit, Jim and Tommy Fazio with even more of the Donalds polish. 

Westchester?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 01:46:36 PM by Jed Peters »

Jed Peters

Are they really going to call one "Old" and the other "New" or is that just temporary?

They are going to call them the "Old Course" and "New Course".

Presumably this is just to stay simple--the place's theme lends itself to it.

Jay Kirkpatrick

when i look at an aerial in google maps, it shows drawn-in holes for the new course.  does anyone else see that?

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=bedminster,+nj&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&resnum=1&ct=image

Jed Peters

when i look at an aerial in google maps, it shows drawn-in holes for the new course.  does anyone else see that?

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=bedminster,+nj&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&resnum=1&ct=image

That's the seed/sod lines that were cut in, I think.

Jay Kirkpatrick

i guess you're right... the closer you zoom the more you can tell.  but it still looks eerie... like its come straight of the drawing board.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back