News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Willie_Dow

Re: Kenny Perry Jr?
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2008, 06:34:39 AM »
This is one more reason for the PGA to take its tourney back to match play.

rjsimper

« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2008, 08:00:16 AM »
Kalen,

Why pick a fight on something completely irrelevant to GCA?  This is not a PGA Tour discussion
board.  Who cares why Norman declined the invite?

I am not trumpeting the "No OT posts" angle here, but really...is this so important to you that you felt it necessary to call "hypocrite" on so many?

At least if you're going to pick a fight, pick a fight on something where you can argue a position that makes people think a bit...

Melvyn Morrow

« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2008, 08:04:00 AM »
Kalen

As one who made a comment although misunderstood by some at the time, I would only say that Greg Norman like Perry has the right to decide his own path through life. And what a life Greg has lived so far. All those years ago he achieved the heights that most professionals today may never even see let alone hit.

I believe there is a significant difference between Norman & Perry in that Norman has not been on Tours or competed in many recent competitions. He IMHO came out of retirement to play SOME golf, and was it some great golf in those awful conditions.

In his mid fifties Norman has shown courage and determination, he has proved that age is not the handicap that some of the younger player thought and boy did he have the measure of all of them in those conditions.

No, he deserves no roasting, he stepped up to the challenge and met it full square on the chin, I hope we will be able to say that about Perry in the years to come. 

Richard

I thinks you have it the wrong way round, Norman has proved himself on may occasions, I just hope that Perry will be able to mirror Norman, if not beat his achievements , but he seems to be leaving it a might late, but who knows.

I believe the ball is clearly in Perry’s court if anyone has to prove anything or show responsibility.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back