News:

Welcome to the Golf Club Atlas Discussion Group!

Please note, each user is approved by the Golf Club Atlas editorial staff. For any new inquiries, please contact us and we will be in contact.

Steve_Roths

Barn's New Website
« on: July 01, 2006, 11:54:49 PM »

George Pazin

Re:Barn's New Website
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2006, 12:10:43 AM »
Damn, that site makes me both happy and sad.

Thanks for the update, Steve.
Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

RJ_Daley

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2006, 12:17:09 AM »
George, I knew you'd be on top of this post about Barneygoogles in a Tazmanian minute...
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Yannick Pilon

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2006, 04:16:12 PM »
Man,

I love those hole by hole drawings.  So simple, yet so great.

Good work overall.

Yannick
www.yannickpilongolf.com - Golf Course Architecture, Quebec, Canada

Jason Hines

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2006, 08:03:33 PM »
Everything looks very affordable, except of course the 2k USD plane ticket for me to get there!  If you live in Australia, how do you not take advantage of the whole experience?

J.

Chris Kane

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2006, 08:36:34 PM »
Everything looks very affordable, except of course the 2k USD plane ticket for me to get there!  If you live in Australia, how do you not take advantage of the whole experience?

J.

You do!

By Australian standards Barnbougle is expensive - towards the top-end of public golf prices, but its worth every cent.

Flights from Melbourne on Jetstar work out at $100-150 return (AUD), and the shuttle bus to the course is $33 per trip - I think its great value.  Friends of mine who have stayed there couldn't speak more highly of the cottages and the restaurant.

Dan Herrmann

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2006, 09:02:37 PM »
Who did the hole drawings on the website?  They're awesome!

David_Elvins

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2006, 09:13:17 PM »
Dan,

The drawings are by Michael Cocking from Michael Clayton Golf Design.  

I think it has been mentioned before, but Barnbougle Dunes is now on Google Earth.  Just east of Bridport on the north coast of Tasmania.
Ask not what GolfClubAtlas can do for you; ask what you can do for GolfClubAtlas.

George Pazin

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2006, 12:31:41 PM »
Bumping.

If I ever disappear, you guys will know the first place to look for me.

For anyone wishing to read an excellent piece on my favorite course, check out Paul Daley's Golf Achitecture, vol. 3. The photos are awesome and the artwork inspiring.

http://www.fullswinggolf.com.au/

Paul's books are on sale in June and July! Don't miss out!
« Last Edit: July 04, 2006, 12:38:43 PM by George Pazin »
Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

Nick Church

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2006, 02:20:51 PM »
That's it.  I now have a reason to fly half way around the world.  I can only imagine what those photos allude to in reality.

ed_getka

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2006, 07:01:30 PM »
Only 9 more months. :)
"Perimeter-weighted fairways", The best euphemism for containment mounding I've ever heard.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back