News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Michael J. Moss

Le Manoir Richelieu Golf Club - Herbert Strong 1925
« on: June 23, 2006, 12:37:19 PM »
The Fairmont (hotels) website states, "Following up on a significant upgrade to the existing course, the addition of a new nine under the watchful eye of renowned architect Darrell Huxham is now home of 27 world class holes of golf.  While keeping the essence of the original design, Darrell Huxham managed to showcase the natural beauty and esthetics of the Charlevoix region."

Has anyone played this resort course along the St-Lawrence River? Is anyone familiar with Darrell Huxam's portfolio of work?

SPDB

Re:Le Manoir Richelieu Golf Club - Herbert Strong 1925
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2006, 02:07:54 PM »
Gone.
You should also be immediately suspect of any description that states the architect kept/incorporated/adhered to the design's or the architect's "essence."

Matt Kardash

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2006, 06:58:24 PM »
Darrel Huxham is under the Graham Cooke umbrella, i do beleive. Hence, when I played the new holes I thought it was Graham Cooke who did the holes.
The new holes possess some of the most spectacular views you could ever ask for. The holes are blown out of the side of a mountain/cliff that is a few hundred feet directly over the Saint Lawrence river, which is so wide you might mistake it for an ocean.
That said, the holes aren't very good. The new holes are "dumb blondes".
The old holes, which are much flatter and less spectacular, are a lot more fun to play.
the interviewer asked beck how he felt "being the bob dylan of the 90's" and beck quitely responded "i actually feel more like the bon jovi of the 60's"

Chris Parker

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2006, 12:02:14 AM »
Darrel Huxham is under the Graham Cooke umbrella, i do beleive.

Matt,

Huxham left the Cooke umbrella at least a couple of years ago, but since Huxham was the (co-?) lead designer for Cooke before he left, you'll probably notice many similarities between Huxham's present work and the stuff he did for Cooke.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2006, 12:03:13 AM by Chris Parker »
"Undulation is the soul of golf." - H.N. Wethered

Chris Parker

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2006, 04:15:30 PM »
"Undulation is the soul of golf." - H.N. Wethered

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back