News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Kenny Lee Puckett

Still I Wonder, Who'll Stop The Rain?
« on: June 25, 2006, 05:42:11 AM »
Cue John Fogerty...

"Long as I Remember, The Rain's Been Faling Down..."

Member-Guest - Prematurely cancelled yesterday.

Who knows about Yale on Monday.

Skin is wrinkly and pasty.

Where is Al Gore and Global Warming?

I play in anything except voltage...

JWK

« Last Edit: June 25, 2006, 06:02:03 AM by James W. Keever »

Dan_Callahan

Re:Still I Wonder, Who'll Stop The Rain?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2006, 07:42:16 AM »
The depressing thing about all this rain is that even when it stops, the courses will be waterlogged for at least another week. Having just returned from Colorado, where the fairways and greens were firm and dry, I am not looking forward to playing in slop.

cary lichtenstein

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2006, 08:02:20 AM »
I'm sitting in my hotel room in Boston watching it rain.

Missed 2 wonderful courses because of this slop :'(

Maybe Gore is right
Live Jupiter, Fl, was  4 handicap, played top 100 US, top 75 World. Great memories, no longer play, 4 back surgeries. I don't miss a lot of things about golf, life is simpler with out it. I miss my 60 degree wedge shots, don't miss nasty weather, icing, back spasms. Last course I played was Augusta

Dan Herrmann

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2006, 08:29:28 AM »
We went to go see the Gore movie yesterday afternoon.  I highly recommend it regardless of your politcal leanings.

As we left, we discovered a parking lot flooded.  We rec'd about 4 inches of rain at my home in 1.5 hours.

Same thing happened last year at French Creek GC - we got 11 inches of rain in a 24 hour period - and this wasn't associated with a tropical system.

And Portland, OR will be about 102F today.

This GOP member is convinced.  I'm calling our electric company to switch to wind generated power tomorrow.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2006, 08:33:05 AM by Dan Herrmann »

Jay Flemma

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2006, 08:33:58 AM »
Cary, dont veen joke that you missed Black Rock and Red Tail...I'm going up for 7/15 if you wanna piggyback...

Mike_Sweeney

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2006, 08:42:26 AM »

Member-Guest - Prematurely cancelled yesterday.

Who knows about Yale on Monday.

James,

You seem to be confusing your 9 hole match country club play it in the sunshine friends with your GCA we must see the course in every condition before we can put a Doak scale on it friends!

Unless the roads are closed we play! Consider this a warning!

Hootie

PS. The weather looks pretty good for Monday and Tuesday.

cary lichtenstein

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2006, 08:43:43 AM »
Played Red Tail last week, excellent course.

Missed Salem and Black Rock this weekend, but I played so many wonderful courses in this area in the past 2 weeks, I should not complain.

I absolutely love this part of the country, not only for the golf and topography, but the people as well.

7/15 I'm headed for Bandon ;D
« Last Edit: June 25, 2006, 08:47:34 AM by cary lichtenstein »
Live Jupiter, Fl, was  4 handicap, played top 100 US, top 75 World. Great memories, no longer play, 4 back surgeries. I don't miss a lot of things about golf, life is simpler with out it. I miss my 60 degree wedge shots, don't miss nasty weather, icing, back spasms. Last course I played was Augusta

Bill_McBride

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2006, 11:41:34 AM »
Stop your whining.   ;D  No rain here for a month and we are just about finished grassing in our new golf course at Pensacola CC.  A little rain would be helpful to augment the new irrigation system as we start grow in.

Tom Zeni

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2006, 11:50:11 AM »
Que the Electric Light Orchestra - It's Rainin All Over The World....

Or so it seems. Here in Western PA, since Father's Day, we've had one hot and humid day when it hasn't rained, with several raining days to come. Power outages, flash flood warnings, rain, hail, and all that Zeus can deliver continues to be in our forecast. Right now, it's all we can do to keep up with cutting the grass.

Everything has been more severe the past 3 summer seasons. Me thinks Al is correcto mundo.

If we ever do get out on the links again, only one thing is certain. The greens will hold !
« Last Edit: June 25, 2006, 04:32:22 PM by Tom Zeni »

Cliff Hamm

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2006, 01:37:40 PM »
Newport will play slow and soft unfortunately for the Women's Open.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back