News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Kenny Lee Puckett

Re:The Shirt Scale to rating courses...
« Reply #50 on: June 14, 2006, 07:06:16 AM »
I have a great "Usinger's Sausage" hat that I wear anytime I play north of Kenosha.  It gets TONS of oohs and aaahs.   ;D

In regards to non-course logo attire, I will, with the right crowd, break out the "Betty Ford Clinic" hat with "Outpatient" on the back.  The guy who gave it to me at Harbour Town during The Heritage had "Executive Sommolier" on the back of his hat.  I wonder if people on the board here would get the Hazeltine logos confused?  (Golf Course vs. Treatment Center)

Steve_ Shaffer

« Reply #51 on: June 14, 2006, 07:16:58 AM »
The same ratings would apply to hats. ;D

I like to wear my Cobbs Creek hat (with 1916 emblazoned on the front) at snooty new private clubs.
"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

cary lichtenstein

« Reply #52 on: June 14, 2006, 09:29:06 AM »
I gave up buying shirts,

I buy divot tools for my divot tool collectiona and bag tags. Now with the advent of metal bag tags, I can no longer lift my golf bag, so pretty soon they'll be a coffeee table or a wall piece.
Live Jupiter, Fl, was  4 handicap, played top 100 US, top 75 World. Great memories, no longer play, 4 back surgeries. I don't miss a lot of things about golf, life is simpler with out it. I miss my 60 degree wedge shots, don't miss nasty weather, icing, back spasms. Last course I played was Augusta

Tiger_Bernhardt

« Reply #53 on: June 14, 2006, 09:48:09 AM »
Dan I was going to say the same thing about you. lol  I actually like this and to a large extent feel the shirt and other garb's status goes hand in hand with the course's status. The intersting thing is how a poor proshop or  average logo like SFGC could drop a shirt status where TOC, ANGC, and Pebble does seem to come down a bit for the opposite reason of too much material on the market. I must confess though exclusivity does have its place for a National or Chicago Golf club shirt always grabs my fashion eye and elevated one above the courses actual ranking. I bet Sebonak is one hot commodity right now with the pro shop shopping crowd.

Mike Hendren

« Reply #54 on: June 14, 2006, 09:59:57 AM »
Years ago I quit buying my dad logo'd shirts.  He appreciated them but inevitably they stayed in the closet as he felt they were too pretentious.  

I recently exited the shop at NGLA without a purchase - perhaps I am growing up as well.

Mike
Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

PThomas

« Reply #55 on: June 14, 2006, 10:11:17 AM »

I recently exited the shop at NGLA without a purchase - perhaps I am growing up as well.

Mike

I think that would literally be impossible for me!
199 played, only Augusta National left to play!

Tiger_Bernhardt

« Reply #56 on: June 14, 2006, 10:36:39 AM »
Bogie, that would make your new name "quadruple bogie Hendren or 8 ball" I have never heard of such behavior in the branded world we live in. I am calling on all my reserves now to maintain control in an unworldy situation. This is like LSU losing to tennessee again.

Scott, I do actually have logo socks for all the right reasons as well. I bought that particular batch after my daughter raided my closet for thick socks to sleep in.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2006, 10:40:26 AM by Tiger_Bernhardt »

Mike Hendren

« Reply #57 on: June 14, 2006, 10:41:37 AM »
Gents,

With the memories from that day, who needs a shirt?  I'm pretty sure Moses wore the same clothing when he descended from the mountain-top. 8)

Mike
Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

Tiger_Bernhardt

« Reply #58 on: June 14, 2006, 11:03:44 AM »
Quad, the spirtual analogy is wonderful but we are talking about a disporder now not the positive side of our love of the game and architecture. Excesive proshop shirt and gard purchases, ie the disorder, are outside the normal male tendacies but seem alive and well in the GCA world. I personally have become one with it and love the out of this world feelings that a woman gets daily after walking into Neiman Marcus and letting her, excuse me your, charge card go to work.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2006, 11:06:03 AM by Tiger_Bernhardt »

Mike_Cirba

« Reply #59 on: June 14, 2006, 03:07:05 PM »
Gents,

With the memories from that day, who needs a shirt?  I'm pretty sure Moses wore the same clothing when he descended from the mountain-top. 8)

Mike

Mike,

Rumor has it that he picked up a cap with this logo.

Anthony Butler

I have been to the Mount... and shot 75.
« Reply #60 on: June 14, 2006, 03:23:44 PM »
Gents,

Mike

Mike,

Rumor has it that he picked up a cap with this logo.

Elements of Pine Valley and Merion, along with a whiff of the Old Testament. I imagine that's exactly the effect Buring Tree was going for...
« Last Edit: June 14, 2006, 09:14:46 PM by Anthony Butler »
Next!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back