News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Steve_ Shaffer

The New #1 Golf Resort in the World?
« on: June 14, 2006, 09:21:32 AM »
from golfcoursenews.com:

The Four Seasons Resort Punta Mita, Mexico, the flagship resort of the innovative 1,500-acre, master-planned community just north of Puerto Vallarta took top honors in three categories of Conde Nast Traveler's eleventh annual Reader's Choice survey on the world's finest golf resorts. This year, The Four Seasons Punta Mita is named the No. 1 golf resort in the world, as well as the top property for both accommodations and service.  

Conde Nast Traveler's survey polls readers each year, asking them to rank their favorite golf spots in six categories using a five-point scale. Course design accounts for 20 percent of the overall score while speed of play accounts for 10 percent. Accommodations, service, food/dining and facilities each account for 17.5 percent.  Readers rank properties as excellent, very good, good, fair or poor.  The Four Seasons Resort Punta Mita topped the overall golf resort list with a score of 96.7, the accommodations list with a score of 100, and the service list with a score of 100.

"Conde Nast Traveler has its finger on the pulse of what the world's most discerning travelers want and this survey is an excellent judge of how a particular property or destination is faring in today's competitive industry landscape," says Lynne Bairstow, marketing director for DINE, the developer of Punta Mita.  "We are thrilled to have been recognized as a leading destination and the home of the favorite golf resort in the world   by travelers.  These rankings prove what a special place Punta Mita truly is."

The private Jack Nicklaus Signature Course at The Four Seasons Golf Club Punta Mita is a 19-hole championship course featuring eight holes facing or playing along the ocean and breathtaking ocean vistas. Its famed 19th Hole, an optional par-3 called the Tail of the Whale, plays 199 yards from a mainland tee box to an island green in the Pacific Ocean. Playing between 5,037 and 7,014 yards, the private Punta Mita Golf Club is open only to Punta Mita property owners and their guests, guests of The Four Seasons Resort, and other Punta Mita residents. A second Jack Nicklaus Signature Course is now under construction at Punta Mita.
"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

cary lichtenstein

Re:The New #1 Golf Resort in the World?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2006, 09:25:06 AM »
And here I thought this would be about Donald Trump ;D
Live Jupiter, Fl, was  4 handicap, played top 100 US, top 75 World. Great memories, no longer play, 4 back surgeries. I don't miss a lot of things about golf, life is simpler with out it. I miss my 60 degree wedge shots, don't miss nasty weather, icing, back spasms. Last course I played was Augusta

Tiger_Bernhardt

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2006, 09:38:11 AM »
Steve wrote that like he is works for conte naste or 4 seasons. I am sure it is a great place to visit. I have problems seeng a Jack course as part of the number uno golf resort in the world in an area that has site limitations from a golf perspective.

cary lichtenstein

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2006, 09:43:32 AM »
I guess that Pebble Beach, Kohler, Bandon, Greenbriar and , Pinehurst are shaking in their boots as they read this. ;D
Live Jupiter, Fl, was  4 handicap, played top 100 US, top 75 World. Great memories, no longer play, 4 back surgeries. I don't miss a lot of things about golf, life is simpler with out it. I miss my 60 degree wedge shots, don't miss nasty weather, icing, back spasms. Last course I played was Augusta

Steve_ Shaffer

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2006, 09:47:28 AM »
Tiger

I did not write that piece. It's a PR piece posted at golfcoursenews.com

I've never visited there but some friends have and they like the resort. The real estate sales have done very well there.  As far as the golf is concerned, there are oceanfornt holes and the 19th hole into the ocean has been well documented in photographs in many publications.

www.punta-mitaproperties.com

Steve
"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

henrye

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2006, 09:54:58 AM »
Well I've been there.  I give the resort a 9 on the Doak scale and the golf course a 3.5.

Tiger_Bernhardt

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2006, 10:43:30 AM »
Henry, that is about what I would expect. I would not be shocked if the course was a 5 or 6 either. Steve, thanks for the clarification, I feel better now. Sometimes products of public education(LSU) like myself have trouble reading the paragraph completely.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back