News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

wsmorrison

Re:The greatest architectural golf stories every scooped...
« Reply #75 on: June 10, 2006, 06:29:18 PM »
Phil,

No, I won't be going up to Winged Foot for the US Open.  I don't like big crowds and huge spectator events such as an Open.  Too many people, too many hassles parking and such.  I'll wait till the 2013 Open at Merion when they have only 15,000 spectators  ;)

If I was going, I would have certainly brought up the Cascades files and hoped we would have time to pore over the stuff and pour a few beverages.

Enjoy the show!

wsmorrison

« Reply #76 on: June 10, 2006, 07:05:14 PM »
In our Flynn research, some of the highlights include:

Bringing to light the Flynn collection of original drawings in the Gordon barn and adding another 1/3 more drawings over the years and sharing them with respective clubs

Flynn's design attribution of Kittansett and a number of other courses formerly attributed to others

Defining Flynn's work at Merion and TCC, Brookline

Disseminating the contents of the Hugh Wilson-Piper/Oakley letters in the USGA

Determining the origin of the Merion baskets and finding Flynn's patent for them (thanks John Yerger)

TEPaul

« Reply #77 on: June 11, 2006, 02:27:10 PM »
"At what point will it finally occur to you & Tom that when I state in private emails, by telephone conversations and here on GCA.com that I AM NOT CHALLENGING WHETHER FLYNN IS THE DESIGNER OF THE CASCADES NOR AM I ASCERTING THAT TILLY DESIGNED IT BUT AM ONLY TRYING TO UNDERSTAND EXACTLY WHAT HE DID THERE AND WHAT THE MONEY WAS SPENT ON, that it means exactly and only that!"

Phil;

I know you are trying to ascertain what Tillinghast (or Lees for Tillinghast) did at The Homestead and what that $40-50,000 was spent for but we've told you that a number of times. Why is it then that you keep asking? What more do you want to know?

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back