News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jordan Wall

Otherwise known (I think) as Doak greens.

How do I get ready for some of the weirdest, coolest, and meanest contours I have ever seen?
I will be playing my first Doak course this weekend and though I have been putting everyday this week, even in the rain, I have no clue how to prep for greens with such wacky undulations.

Any suggestions?

Tim Pitner

Re:Getting ready for Big, Burly, monster, eat your head off greens
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2006, 03:56:47 PM »
Jordan,

Have fun and just play.  Take each putt as it comes.  Really, what would you do?  I'm not sure where you're playing (Tumble Creek?), but if the greens are anything like at Pacific Dunes, the greens will be very interesting and fun to play, but not necessarily hyper-difficult in the way that Augusta or Oakmont might be.  Just enjoy them.

I just did the Internet tour of Tumble Creek.  It looks like a very enjoyable place to play, but quite subtle (of course, the photos may be misleading on this).  The greens don't look particularly rollicking.  
« Last Edit: June 02, 2006, 04:24:42 PM by Tim Pitner »

Glenn Spencer

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2006, 05:01:52 PM »
Jordan,

Very few, very few things in this sport are tough as their advanced billing. Don't be psyched out because of who designed the course, just let your imagination and skill take over and you will be fine. Good Luck!!

Jay Flemma

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2006, 05:04:03 PM »
Trust your swing.

Where are you playing?  If its Beechtree, they are mellower than most of Doak's other work...Beechtree is a particulrly enjoyable golf course.  Low impact and charming.

Also, I had he benefit of meeting Paula Creamer on the practice tee.  What a swing!

Mike Benham

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2006, 05:07:31 PM »
You are practicing all wrong, don't practice your first putt, practice your third ...
"... and I liked the guy ..."

Jordan Wall

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2006, 05:32:22 PM »
Trust your swing.

Where are you playing?  If its Beechtree, they are mellower than most of Doak's other work...Beechtree is a particulrly enjoyable golf course.  Low impact and charming.

Also, I had he benefit of meeting Paula Creamer on the practice tee.  What a swing!

i am jealous jay...

paula creamer......

i am playing a Doak here in WA

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back