News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Noel Freeman

Kudos and props to the Emperor
« on: June 02, 2006, 10:42:16 AM »
It is very hard to have a conversation with Tommy right now because he is busy working on the Kings Putter for all of you attending.  From my vantage point, he is doing this at the expense of his electrician work and other projects he's involved in.  It takes a big heart to go thru the trouble.  So before the fact and the partying begins, let the treehouse acknowledge his dedication.. And please someone shout him for dinner and a drink for his efforts..  And before you say anything, I did exactly the same for him at the Cooperage Inn on Long Island last year for something he helped me with.  :D

Tom Huckaby

Re:Kudos and props to the Emperor
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2006, 10:45:25 AM »
Absolute agreement here, and I come from a rather unique vantage point.  ;)  

In any case, Noel is right - if Tommy has to reach for his wallet once this weekend other than to pay off the bets he is bound to lose to us Northerners, we all should be ashamed.

TH

Geoffrey Childs

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2006, 10:48:42 AM »
Absolute agreement here, and I come from a rather unique vantage point.  ;)  

In any case, Noel is right - if Tommy has to reach for his wallet once this weekend other than to pay off the bets he is bound to lose to us Northerners, we all should be ashamed.

TH

Well said Tom - Tommy has been an absolute madman (more than usual  ;D ) the last couple of weeks working and worrying about this event.  

Have fun everyone and stay cool  ::)

RJ_Daley

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2006, 11:22:40 AM »
I always get a kick out of getting or placing a call to Tommy.  Just this last week, we talked a couple of times, and he was still lobbying me hard to make a last minute reconsideration to come to the KPV.  Unfortunately, I simply can't.  But, during our series of calls, he was obviously running around like a chicken with his head cut off.  He had a bunch of other calls coming in from various GCA guys asking last minute questions, while driving to his "meetings" and then from a place that sounded like bedlam in the background, which he claimed was a rowdy Starbucks, that he and his meeting buddie go to after the meeting.  And, he has lost the volume of a whole average sized man as a result of the meetings over the last year or so.  It sounds like he is still a bit stout, but he continues in the right direction.

So, bottom line... make sure he enjoys himself in a sensible way by plying him with quality, not quantity! ;) ;D 8)  But, a lot of wine never hurt anyone! ;D
« Last Edit: June 02, 2006, 11:22:59 AM by RJ_Daley »
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Evan Fleisher

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2006, 12:10:41 PM »
Props to Tommy!  Will be able to offer such in person soon...can't wait!!!
Born Rochester, MN. Grew up Miami, FL. Live Cleveland, OH. Handicap 12.2. Have 24 & 21 year old girls and wife of 27 years. I'm a Senior Supply Chain Business Analyst for Vitamix. Diehard walker, but tolerate cart riders! Love to travel, always have my sticks with me. Mollydooker for life!

Mike_Golden

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2006, 09:29:06 PM »
the biggest props for The Emperor, even more that all the hard work he has done for KPV, is for 145-the amount of weight he's lost in the past two years.  I spoke with his sponsor last night and she told me he's going to lose another 100 lbs in the next year-and, by the way she said it, I have the unmistakable impression that will become reality ;D

Congrats, Tommy, we're all really proud of you.

ChipRoyce

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2006, 11:03:25 PM »
Tommy;
145lbs?!?! That's fantastic - congratulations.
Best,
Chip

Bill_McBride

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2006, 10:29:32 AM »
Happy to report a successful welcoming dinner at the Capri last night where Tommy knocked back a large ribeye with gusto and dispatch.  He was indeed feted for putting together what looks to be a super time.  Too bad that 1476 other GCAers couldn't make it to sauna land, it's supposed to be over 110 today!

RJ_Daley

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2006, 11:42:21 AM »
...he's going to lose another 100 lbs in the next year...

it's supposed to be over 110 today!

I'm betting in that heat, he looses it this weekend.  That isn't weather... it's a rendering factory! :o
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Jfaspen

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2006, 07:21:49 PM »
North 3
South 6

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back