News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jimmy Chandler

Re:It really is as good as everyone says
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2006, 09:45:06 AM »
Jeff --

Congrats! Funny enough, I have a similar story to yours.  Also 35 years old, playing golf since I was 13.  12-13 handicap.  Have hit the pin on a par-3, and holed out several times from the fairway, including from 145 yds on a Par 5 for eagle two years ago, but never a hole-in-one...

Until three weekends ago:

Shenandoah Valley Golf Club in Front Royal, VA.  Red course, #6, 175 yards with a rescue club (4-iron equivalent).  Normally, I can hit that club about 185, but that day I was a little short with everything, and I am more confident with it than my 5 iron.  Turned out to be a good choice.   :)  

The pin was left-middle, my shot carried the front bunker, took one hop and rolled almost striaght in.

Played the same hole Memorial Day Monday with my father, and I hit the same club over the green.

Best part was all the congratulations from everyone at the clubhouse -- once my playing partners told a member of the staff, I had several people who didn't know my name come up and say "Great shot Mr. Chandler" or something like that.

I even posted my scorecard on my office door and waited for people to figure it out -- no one did, though people did ask "why do you have this thing here?" and I had to explain.

So it really is as good as everyone says.

Dan Kelly

Re:It really is as good as everyone says
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2006, 10:08:15 AM »
Jeff --

I see that our paper scooped your own on this particular news!  ;D ;) :o :-*

(See Page 6D of today's PP: "Jeff Shelman, Golden Valley, Mendakota No. 2, 169 yards, 4-iron." Yeah, it's only in the agate -- but it's there!)

I wonder how that happened....   8)

Dan
"There's no money in doing less." -- Joe Hancock, 11/25/2010
"Rankings are silly and subjective..." -- Tom Doak, 3/12/2016

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back