News:

Welcome to the Golf Club Atlas Discussion Group!

Please note, each user is approved by the Golf Club Atlas editorial staff. For any new inquiries, please contact us and we will be in contact.

Michael Robin

A little Sheep Ranch help.
« on: May 29, 2006, 02:39:42 PM »
Heading to Bandon this week and having my first up close run-in with the
Sheep Ranch. I've tried to pull up some photos with the search engine and haven't had much success. If anyone remembers some past threads, would they mind pulling them up again.

Also, if anyone has any tips or insights into playing there - Should we follow the BallyBandon routing, should we all take off in different directions(we have 12 guys), any greens to make sure to attack several times from alternate routes?

Many thanks,  

MR.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2006, 03:55:44 PM by Michael Robin »

Tim Bert

Re:A little Sheep Ranch help.
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2006, 06:34:45 PM »
Having played the "suggested" routing on my one visit to the Sheep Ranch, I'd recommend playing some sort of match play where the winning team or player "calls" the next hole.  Just tee up somewhere near the green you finished and pick which green you are going to play next.  It's probably one of the few times in your life where you'll get to have something like this all to yourself, so run wild!

Adam_Messix

Re:A little Sheep Ranch help.
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2006, 08:35:04 PM »
Michael--

With all of the daylight that you are going to have, and thinking that you're going to be arriving around 10 a.m., play the suggested routing first.  I know guys on this site are going to disagree with me, but it gives you a taste of all of the greens and provides plenty of opportunity to scope out other possibilities.  After the 18, play another match with the winner picking the next hole for the remainder of the day.  If you stay until dark like we did, you will get a lot of golf in and play many interesting and fun golf holes.

The other suggestion I can give you is to get the people at the resort to fix box lunches for you to take over and place a cooler with beverages in a central location, like around the dune next to the "E" green and have fun.  

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back