News:

Welcome to the Golf Club Atlas Discussion Group!

Please note, each user is approved by the Golf Club Atlas editorial staff. For any new inquiries, please contact us and we will be in contact.

George Pazin

Re:Where the multiple tee theory fails....
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2006, 03:13:05 PM »
Jim -

Actually, we weren't playing any sort of match, we were just out having fun. He was getting in some practice for a local event and was looking for someone to tee it up with.

As for your point, I don't think I am as accurate with my wedge as my friend is with his 7 iron. And I'd bet a lot of money that most scratch golfers are more accurate with their 5 irons than I am with a sand wedge. (As an aside, I'd also bet I hit my irons as far as the median scratch golfer.)

My point was more that I believe the high handicapper is totally misunderstood by most architects, and probably by most good golfers as well. We lose our strokes around the greens, and due to HORRIBLE mishits, not because we hit our drives and irons 80% of the distance of the better golfer, which is more of what the multiple tee theory implies.

I'm hoping to make a Michigan trip next year, some maybe I can see your course then and see how it succeeds where others fail.
Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back