News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tony_Chapman

How much does setting matter?
« on: May 26, 2006, 12:11:47 PM »
We all know and love golf and it's simplicities on this board. Living where you do now, and knowing you would only get to play on a limited basis, where you would want Ran's Carthage Club to be?

-- the Pinehurst area, as originally suggested.

-- the sandy coast of Oregon, which Keiser has made famous

-- the Sand Hills region of Nebraska, near a small farming/railroad town

-- others?

Tom Huckaby

Re:How much does setting matter?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2006, 12:25:22 PM »
I vote for the dunes a bit to the north of Monterey, California.  But any of the others work.

Yes, I am a selfish bastard.  If the Carthage Club gets built, I'm going to want to play it more than on a limited basis.

;)

Eric Franzen

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2006, 12:33:21 PM »
I vote for the dunes a bit to the north of Monterey, California.  But any of the others work.

Yes, I am a selfish bastard.  If the Carthage Club gets built, I'm going to want to play it more than on a limited basis.

;)

The dunes in Sand City that you see to the left of the freeway - around five or ten minutes north of Monterey?
That would be a great setting for a course like the Carthage Club.  

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2006, 12:36:55 PM »
Eric - exactly.
 ;D

Tony_Chapman

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2006, 12:36:57 PM »
Ok, so we have the Monterey Dunes as another possibility. Yes, sir Huckaby that is beautiful land. I just think California is too high priced for something as simple as The Carthage Club!!

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2006, 12:37:26 PM »
Ok, so we have the Monterey Dunes as another possibility. Yes, sir Huckaby that is beautiful land. I just think California is too high priced for something as simple as The Carthage Club!!

Of course it is - not to mention too litigious and over-regulated.

But dare to dream....

;D

Sean Leary

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2006, 12:58:24 PM »
Out in the Palouse in Eastern Washington. Cheap land, with great rolling hills......and drivable from Seattle

Tony_Chapman

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2006, 02:11:16 PM »
Nobody wants it at any of these locations listed?!!

ed_getka

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2006, 06:05:18 PM »
I would want it in the Sand Hills region of Nebraska for sure. Far enough away from civilization that it will feel like an escape. I sure don't want it near my house where I would be expected home at the end of the day. :)

My next choice would be Fishers Island, since it was originally slated for 36 holes, I know there is room there.
"Perimeter-weighted fairways", The best euphemism for containment mounding I've ever heard.

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2006, 06:08:12 PM »
But Ed, you don't count, you only play golf about 5 times a year anyway.  So of course you want it far from home.

Show some love for those of us who actually want to play the game more often.

;D ;D

ed_getka

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2006, 06:17:27 PM »
Tom,
    I'll let you have your way just this once. :) Monterey it is.

Glad you liked the SH line, I thought you might enjoy that.

"Perimeter-weighted fairways", The best euphemism for containment mounding I've ever heard.

A_Clay_Man

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2006, 06:33:34 PM »
If the CClub is to be an oasis from the vageries of life, it should be somewhere nearby that source of stress. Shouldn't it?

I'd like to see it somewhere near Chicago, if it were a public facility. Lord knows those nice people need a great course.  ;D

If it's a private club any metro area will do.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back