News:

Welcome to the Golf Club Atlas Discussion Group!

Please note, each user is approved by the Golf Club Atlas editorial staff. For any new inquiries, please contact us and we will be in contact.

Philip Gawith

Macrihanish/Prestwick advice
« on: May 24, 2006, 08:32:00 AM »
I am thinking of playing these two courses in August on successive days.

Please can one of the experts remind me of best logistical advice of travelling between them;

and advice on where best to stay in/near these two destinations.

Thanks

Matt MacIver

Re:Macrihanish/Prestwick advice
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2006, 09:22:51 AM »
Sean Arble has some info, I believe, about a ferry running between Troon area and Machrihanish.  

Kenny Lee Puckett

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2006, 09:30:13 AM »
Logan Air (Commuter B.A.) used to have a special out of Glascow.

How about a fast private charter boat from The Machrie to Machrihanish?  Does any thing that can move 4 golfers from those to points exist?

JWK

Ed Tilley

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2006, 09:30:37 AM »
www.kintyreexpress.com

Passenger ferry from Troon to Campbeltown. Approx 1hr crossing. It will take a lot longer to drive.

ed_getka

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2006, 10:59:28 AM »
Philip,
   I would love to hear what you think of those two courses. I was greatly disappointed at not being able to see Prestwick on my first trip over.  
   Neil Regan is a member at Machrihanish, so I would contact him to see if he might be around at the same time you are considering being there. He may be ready for a vacation after all the work he must be putting into getting ready for the US Open at Winged Foot. I have always wanted to see Machrihanish and after hearing Neil's enthusiasm for the course when we talked about it, it will be a priority on my next trip.
"Perimeter-weighted fairways", The best euphemism for containment mounding I've ever heard.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back