News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

David_Tepper

2011 Walker Cup to Royal Aberdeen
« on: May 09, 2006, 06:37:55 PM »
It was announced today the 2011 Walker Cup will be held at Royal Aberdeen. My recollection is that hosting the Walker Cup was one of the club's goals and reasons for the work/changes done on the course over the past few years. Hosting the Walker Cup should be a nice promo for golf in northeast Scotland.

Tiger_Bernhardt

Re:2011 Walker Cup to Royal Aberdeen
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2006, 07:16:39 PM »
nooooooooo, please say nooooo

Tim Pitner

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2006, 07:16:59 PM »
If I recall correctly, I think the next three Walker Cups will be held at Royal County Down, Merion, and Royal Aberdeen, respectively.  I think it's interesting that the Walker Cup venues are generally better and more prestigious than the Ryder Cup ones (e.g., Valhalla, Celtic Manor).

redanman

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2006, 07:38:37 PM »
certainly please say no to changes

Tim Pitner

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2006, 11:31:15 PM »
I think the changes have already occurred--a few greens redone by Donald Steel.

David_Tepper

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2006, 11:53:51 PM »
As I understand it, the changes at Royal Aberdeen that have been done over the past several years consisted mostly of thinning out & trimming back the gorse over much of the course and work on a number of holes on the back nine. Those changes were completed prior to RA hosting last year's British Senior Open.

My sense was that the course was pretty well received by the senior players. I do not believe any further changes are being contemplated.    

Mark_F

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2006, 07:12:29 AM »
Why should it go to historic old Royal Aberdeen, when The Donald will have a spanking new facility in the vicinity?

Fancy him spending all that money and getting nothing besides frozen testicles for his trouble.

Surely that's no way to treat a proper Scot?

ForkaB

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2006, 07:40:36 AM »
Why should it go to historic old Royal Aberdeen, when The Donald will have a spanking new facility in the vicinity?

Fancy him spending all that money and getting nothing besides frozen testicles for his trouble.

Surely that's no way to treat a proper Scot?

Mark

My understanding is that the R&A and USGA have already commandeered all of the "You're Hired!!!!" suites at Trump Towers Teuchtar for the event.  The Donald will be there in spirit, if not in substance.............

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back