News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Chris Moore

Kittansett Club
« on: May 07, 2006, 09:57:01 PM »
I am making my annual attempt to qualify for the U.S. Mid-Am, and was wondering if Kittansett Club was worth traveling to play in the qualifying round.  The profile on here is not quite convincing.  Would you travel from New Orleans (where I am) to play this one?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2006, 10:35:36 PM by Chris Moore »

Lawrence Largent

Re:Kittansett Club
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2006, 10:39:23 PM »
I am pondering this though also Mr. Moore maybe if we take the plunge together we could play practice round. I've talked to some of my Northeast buddies and they all said the course was very "pure".

Lawrence

Gordon Oneil

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2006, 10:54:22 PM »
Boys,
For the sake of your attempt to qualify for the Mid-Am, just hope that you catch this memorable course on a day when the 3 par third, which I think is less than 170 from the back of the tee, is reachable with less than a 2 iron.
Big fun.  Good luck.

E. Jean-Marc Monrad

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2006, 12:37:30 AM »
Kittansett is amazing.  It is a great course that requires one to hit many different shots.  It it pretty flat, has lots of wind and great views as to be expected with a course on the water, and very tough par 3s.  Take advantage of the par 5s they are all fairly easy.  The entire course is a grind though.  I always leave saying I could have played better and wanting to jump right back on.

wsmorrison

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2006, 06:38:30 AM »
Chris,

I am finishing a book on William Flynn and know Kittansett well.  It is a wonderful course and club.  A great test of golf and an incredible atmosphere.  Play it if you can...even though it is a long way from home.  It is a style of course/club that is rarely, if ever, found in the US.  I can send you some photos and drawings if you like.  Ran did a very nice write-up in the Courses By Country section.

Tom Paul and I discovered that the course was routed AND designed by Flynn.  The comments previously posted are all on the mark.  You won't regret it although I don't know what your alternatives are.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2006, 06:38:59 AM by Wayne Morrison »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back