News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Garland Bayley

Gil Hanse, The Prairie Club planning stage
« on: May 03, 2006, 04:20:58 PM »
The following links show the landscape and describe the plan for the creation of the course at The Prairie Club. Call it a mini-seminar in the practice of minimalist GCA.

http://www.prairieclub.com/frontnine.html

http://www.prairieclub.com/backnine.html
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Tim Pitner

Re:Gil Hanse, The Prairie Club planning stage
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2006, 04:53:26 PM »
Great preview of the course.  What is the latest on the Prairie Club?  I recall reading that it's been held up of late, perhaps because of financing problems.  The website says that it is to be a private club, but I thought I read something that said it was going to be public.  What's up?

Tommy_Naccarato

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2006, 05:23:35 PM »
Tim,
It's not financing problems at all. Just some details to make it all perfect for what looks to a very interesting golf course on a spectacular piece of land.

Tim Pitner

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2006, 05:27:26 PM »
Glad to hear it.  I agree, the land looks great and I'd be shocked if Hanse & Co. didn't build a fantastic course there.  What about its status--private or public?

Tommy_Naccarato

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2006, 06:26:03 PM »
The plans right now are for it to be a resort of all sorts, where one can not only golf but fish, and horseback ride, etc.

Jason Blasberg

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2006, 07:09:48 PM »
Bandon Ore in Nebraska?   ;D ;D ;D

Tommy_Naccarato

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2006, 07:56:58 PM »
One could only hope for that kind of success. Mike Keiser's risk was our gain--only fair that we should all reap the rewards. I can only hope it will be the same for Dr. Trimble!

Actually it would make sense. The property I'm told is spectacular. (I've only seen it in pictures) so why not share it with anyone that wants to experience it?

RJ_Daley

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2006, 08:04:27 PM »
It is all said here.
http://www.prairieclub.com/Caseforcourse.html

Doc Trimble is a wise man.  I assume he will move when he believes the time is right and the land stewartship plan is assured.  The land there is fragile and rare.  He is going to do what is best to make sure that while some of the land is enjoyed by a culture of folks that enjoy a grand game with a tradition of respect for the environment, he is also going to be able to preserve in a natural state a larger amount, and set forth a plan for stewartship long after he and we are gone.
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Craig_Rokke

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2006, 09:04:14 PM »
Wow, what a project this may turn out to be. Could this be the best site Hanse's group has had an opportunity with? It certainly seems to offer some varied and interesting looks. I can imagine the feeling of euphoria for a small architectural design team taking in a property like this for the first time.

Coore & Crenshaw are true gentlemen.

« Last Edit: May 04, 2006, 08:58:14 AM by Craig_Rokke »

Paul_Daley

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2006, 08:23:28 AM »
Gee, I'm fascinated by this property. The front nine showcases a bit of Scotland, a bit of Ireland, a bit of Mornington Peninsula "Cup's Country" Down Under, a bit of Wild Horse, Sand Hills. The back nine seems to be a different animal altogether: but good, too.

An appropriate tune at the opening day would be a Mark Knopffler (Ex-Dire Straits) song called "Prairie Wedding". :D

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back