News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ryan Wharton

Camargo Club/ U.S. Amateur
« on: April 27, 2006, 04:44:45 PM »
Well the U.S. Amateur applications just went up and I signed up for qualifying at the Camargo Club. Never played it before even though I live close to it. It sounds like everyone on here who has played there has had a great experience. Hopefully, my game will peak that first week of august after a long summer. If any other GCAers attempt to qualify out of here, let me know and maybe we can arrange a practice round together.

JLahrman

Re:Camargo Club/ U.S. Amateur
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2006, 10:17:12 PM »
Congratulations on snagging a hot ticket; scanning the list of qualie sites you won't find any better than Camargo.

Jason Tetterton

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2006, 10:42:22 AM »
What other sites are highly recommended?  And, how about on the Mid AM side?  I saw Myers Park in Charlotte for the Amateur.

Matt MacIver

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2006, 12:24:52 PM »
I've played Myers Park and generally liked it...rolling fairways provide numerous hilly lies, always in good condition.  Greens are somewhat bland for me, and I really can't stand the short opening hole, driving down into a gully for a blind uphill 2nd to the green.  A clunker to start an otherwise nice round.  

Tom_Doak

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2006, 08:08:32 AM »
I believe they are using our Stonewall course in Phila. for US Amateur qualifying this year.  But, it's not that tough to get on normally anyway.

JohnV

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2006, 10:25:15 AM »
The Rawls Course in Lubbock is hosting a US Am Qualifier on 7/27.  Stonewall is on 8/7.

Sewickley Heights here in Pittsburgh is a good course.  It is on 7/24.

For the Mid-Am, the qualifier here in Pittsburgh is at Mystic Rock on 8/10.  That is the site of the 84 Lumber Classic.

Wolf Run in Indianapolis hosts on 8/8.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back