News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

mark chalfant

Castine ( W. Park) in Maine
« on: April 27, 2006, 06:06:24 PM »
Is this 9 holer still existing. ? are there some neat green complexes that Park did so well.   thanks

Jay Cox

Re:Castine ( W. Park) in Maine
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2006, 06:13:32 PM »
It does still exist.  From second hand reports, the site is very hilly and the greens are very small.

Kyle Harris

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2006, 06:14:29 PM »
Mark,

I'll get back to you later tonight. Michael Moore was kind enough to loan me the centennial history of the club.

Michael Moore

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2006, 08:01:50 PM »
Mark Chalfant -

I'd recognize that prose style anywhere!

Here is a poor photograph of the seventh green at Castine. It's hard to imagine a better bunkerless end to a 440 yard hole - I hope you can discern the height differential - I think that's a double plateau or whatever they call it  . . . I'll see if I can dig up some more . . .

Metaphor is social and shares the table with the objects it intertwines and the attitudes it reconciles. Opinion, like the Michelin inspector, dines alone. - Adam Gopnik, The Table Comes First

mark chalfant

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2006, 04:15:06 PM »
Michael, thanks for the nice photo. that knob abot 15 yards short looks tricky.   While the dropoff, to the right, looks ominous!    love to see more photos of Willies  gem.

Geoffrey_Walsh

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2006, 04:28:37 PM »
Great photo Michael... makes me wonder why more people don't build bunkerless green complexes like that one.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back