News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jeff Fortson

Re:you get to play ONLY 1 hole at Augusta: which would it be?
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2006, 01:23:37 PM »

Jeff F.
#nowhitebelt

Tim Leahy

« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2006, 01:42:38 PM »
Rick - that makes sense.  Having never been there, my impression was that my life-time best drive isn't going to get me to a spot where I can even make it win a cannon three-wood on 15... Whereas 13, at least I can fathom the correct draw that gets me to within 220 (if not closer) so it's in my range to at least give it a go.  I could easily have this wrong.  If 15 is reachable for a mortal like me, well... lot's of chances for glory there as well... I still just kinda like 13 better as to me it seems there's more going on... but 15 is persuasive.
It's all about where the glory could be achieved. ;D

I've been there and 13 is still my pick. I don't think any of us could hold a ball on the 15th green to reach it in two and long is just death with the green speeds there.
I love golf, the fightin irish, and beautiful women depending on the season and availability.

MikeJones

« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2006, 01:59:21 PM »
13 for me too. Is there a better par 5 in golf?

Chris_Clouser

« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2006, 02:34:08 PM »
Michael Moore,

Perhaps the funniest comment I've seen on here in a long time.

(standing in front of my computer applauding)

Mike_Cirba

« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2006, 02:41:19 PM »
12, simply because it's about the only hole on the course that's sets up well for my lefty draw.  

Also, it ain't bad to look at and I'd like to see for myself what all of the swirling winds fuss is about.

Tom Zeni

« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2006, 02:44:32 PM »
Tom,

Rick is correct. The slope for the 2nd shot on the 13th is an automatic left to right flight unless you are down near Rae's creek where it's level.

I'd have to choose the 15th as well. I've stood in the crosswalk of the 15th about 100 yds from the green, took several photos in each direction from there. I've sat many a lazy afternoon looking at the incoming shots - and I think you'd get the most bang for your buck on the 15th.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back