News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Scratch_Nathan

I saw used and new copies listed on Amazon and eBay ("Buy it Now" pricing) selling from $300 to nearly $1,000.  Talking about the yellow/brown cover, not the red/gold.  To anyone who follows such things... how much do brand new copies in original plastic generally go for?

Tony Petersen

You're talking to a treehouse that can't get past the fact the book is still in the plastic... unless you have a backup copy with dogged-ears and the occasional "Cheeto" stain  :P

I would imagine... $400ish?
Ski - U - Mah... University of Minnesota... "Seven beers followed by two Scotches and a thimble of marijuana and it's funny how sleep comes all on it's own.”

Adrian_Stiff

www.abebooks.com One of the best places for books, there are usually half a dozen or so on there, they go quick at $550.
A combination of whats good for golf and good for turf.
The Players Club, Cumberwell Park, The Kendleshire, Oake Manor, Dainton Park, Forest Hills, Erlestoke, St Cleres.
www.theplayersgolfclub.com

Scratch_Nathan

Certainly couldn't part with the shrinkwrapped one if I didn't have my own well-worn personal copy on the bookshelf.

Steve Lang

8)  was the original every really sold packaged in shrinkwrap?
Inverness (Toledo, OH) cathedral clock inscription: "God measures men by what they are. Not what they in wealth possess.  That vibrant message chimes afar.
The voice of Inverness"

Tom_Doak

Steve:

Every one of the 1,000 books was shrinkwrapped in plastic when I got them from the printer.  Generally, as I've sold them, I've cut open the plastic, signed and numbered the book, and then put it back in the plastic (with the one side torn open) to help protect it from the elements in the mail.

If somebody's got an unopened one, then it's unsigned and unnumbered, and I didn't send any out that way.  So I'll assume this one has been opened.

I'm starting to get p.o.'d again about the secondary market.  I was fine with Sean Arble auctioning off one of the books and donating the proceeds to this site ... I'm not so fine about people advertising their copies here for their own gain.  And I will remind potential BUYERS that they'll be making a pretty poor investment if I decide to print more books and sell them for $100.

TX Golf

$100   :o :o that is the day I will be waiting for.

Ian Larson

no offense to tom at all but I'll wait for the next round at $100. Is it even worth $1500? And how could it be if it's obviously not out of print?

Mike Sweeney

Posted on the other thread..............

If anyone wants to read TCG, you can borrow my copy for no charge. It is the Red version. and signed by Tom for my son, so I don't want to sell it and Tom does not want me to sell it.

If Scratch's version on Ebay sells for $1500 that is great. Here on GCA.com, it may be a nuthouse, but it has always been a sharing nuthouse, and a not a for-profit site, so I prefer people not pay $1500 to see a book.

Feel free to contact me.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back