News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Michael Robin

Questions about St. Andrews Beach
« on: March 12, 2006, 08:02:52 PM »
I played St. Andrews Beach in December 04 and the fairways were still growing in and there was only a rough clearing for the Clubhouse. How has the site evolved? Is the Clubhouse underway, and more importantly how far along is the Fingal? Before my round that day, I rode around the Fingal with the Superintendent, and it looked like it would be quite a course. Especially intriguing was the short par 4 16th.

Actually, to clarify, I rode around the staked and cleared outline of the Fingal.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2006, 01:13:11 AM by Michael Robin »

Matt_Sullivan

Re:Questions about St. Andrews Beach
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2006, 08:15:34 PM »
I played there a month or so ago. They have constructed a temporary clubhouse big enough to house the proshop and half a dozen tables. There is some construction going on, which I assume is the permanent clubhouse and the first of the apartments

The Gunamatta (sp?) course was in beautiful condition. I was told that the opening of the Fingal course was about 18 months away

Tom_Doak

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2006, 10:00:25 PM »
Michael and Matt:  Any predictions on the state of the Fingal course are still quite premature, considering we haven't been paid to think about starting construction yet.

We built the Gunnamatta in about 4 months and the Fingal should not be much harder to finish if they ever get going on it.  But don't ask me if they will, I have no idea.

Bill_McBride

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2006, 10:26:37 PM »
We built the Gunnamatta in about 4 months and the Fingal should not be much harder to finish if they ever get going on it.  

Four months?  I guess that was from issuance of final permits, long after design completion, and maybe even after mobilization by the contractor, right?  

Matt_Sullivan

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2006, 12:28:15 AM »
Tom: I got the 18 month thing from someone working there, who obviously doesn't know what's what. Thanks for the clarification

BTW, did you hear the rumour that Royal Melbourne considered selling part of the East Course (the bit off the main paddock) and using the money to acquire St AB? Apparently they've decided not to do it, but it was a fascinating rumour. Anyone else hear it?

Chris Kane

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2006, 12:45:39 AM »
Matt, I heard that one too - there is no way the members would have voted for it.

Mark_F

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2006, 02:41:30 AM »
Chris,

Don't worry, there's no way the members here would have voted for it either.  :)

Matt/Michael,

The construction going on is the first stage of the apartments.  The permanent clubhouse design is awaiting council approval before plans and a model are displayed for all to see.

Tom Doak,

Am I to discern from your tone that there hasn't been a phone call to Traverse City recently?  Be bloody disappointing if there hasn't, considering we've been told (again) they want to start it in August/September, just in time for the summer growing season...

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back