News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Michael Dugger

I want to know about your collection of images
« on: February 11, 2006, 01:26:50 AM »
Ok fellas, time to cough up the goods.  Tell me about your collection of digital images.

I have been collecting for about seven years now.  My Cypress Point folder alone consists of over 150 images, most of which are a good sized resolution.

I have always thought that what the internet needs is a grand data base where someone could peruse full sized images of all the great courses of the world.  The obvious problem is copyright, but it's not like the stuff isn't out there anyways.  How about a website where you all donate your stuff and we do it!!!

So, for the sake of my morbid curiousity, tell me about your collection.  I know I am not the only guy here who is doing it.  I know you, Tommy N. have an impressive filing system on that machine of yours.  What about you Shivas, Redanman, Ran, N. Regan, Rood, etc......

I would be willing to mail someone a cd of everything I've got if they are interested.  It eats up a whole 700 mb cd.

What does it matter if the poor player can putt all the way from tee to green, provided that he has to zigzag so frequently that he takes six or seven putts to reach it?     --Alistair Mackenzie--

wsmorrison

Re:I want to know about your collection of images
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2006, 08:39:51 AM »
Craig Disher has a most impressive collection of 1930s and 1940s aerial photographs culled from the National Archives and some from the Hagley Museum.  There was a GolfWeek article about him last year.  Through his efforts, we have amassed a comprehensive collection of 160 aerial photographs of Flynn courses.  Of course his personal collection extends well beyond Flynn's small portfolio of courses.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2006, 08:42:08 AM by Wayne Morrison »

Richard Boult

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2006, 12:30:27 PM »
I've gone through many thousands of photos tagged with "golf" at flickr.com over the past few months and added over 800 of them to my list of favorites - from all over the world!  Enjoy...

www.flickr.com/photos/golfslo/favorites/

I also have a collection of photos I've taken at local courses along the CA Central Coast

www.flickr.com/photos/golfslo/
« Last Edit: February 11, 2006, 12:31:21 PM by Richard Boult »

Andy Troeger

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2006, 01:15:52 PM »
I've got some on my computer here (although not on any website as of now), including Blackwolf Run, Whistling Straits, Arcadia Bluffs, Tullymore, World Woods, Paa-Ko Ridge, Long Cove, Harbour Town, Wedgewood, Point O'Woods, and The Dunes Club. The Dunes Club ones were posted on here last week sometime and are indicative of the kinds of pictures generally.

ed_getka

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2006, 01:51:43 PM »
Michael,
  I would be very interested in getting a copy of your CD of images. I would be happy to cover your costs for material and postage.  I don't do digital myself as I was very disappointed when I printed out some digital images I took at Yosemite.
"Perimeter-weighted fairways", The best euphemism for containment mounding I've ever heard.

Mike_Cirba

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2006, 02:29:42 PM »
So...er...um...

You want to know about my...errr..."collection of images", shall we say?  

Uhh....hmm...you're married, right....your wife...she likes photography, does she?...nudge, nudge..hint, hint..know what I mean, know what I mean?

Pictures...snap snap?  Likes photos? Sure she does...don't we all??  Nudge, nudge...

Know what I mean?  Hint, hint..Say no more..say no more, my good man.

« Last Edit: February 11, 2006, 02:40:21 PM by Mike Cirba »

Kyle Harris

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2006, 02:30:49 PM »
So...er...um...

You want to know about my...errr..."collection of images", shall we say?  

Uhh....hmm...you're married, right....your wife...she likes photography, does she?...hint hint..know what I mean, know what I mean?

Pictures...snap snap?  Likes photos?  

Know what I mean?  Hint, hint..Say no more..say no more, my good man.

Say no more Squire! Say no more!

Sean Walsh

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2006, 08:25:01 PM »
Michael,

I have about 200 or so digital images of courses from my trip to Scotland/Ireland in 2003.  Of these I considered about 10-20 worthy of being enlarged and placed on my wall at home.  I eventually pared this down to 3 winners.  #6 at Kingsbarns #14/1 Crail and #2 Tralee.  Other courses where my photos came out best were Brora, Waterville, Dooks and Ballyliffin.  

Ed,

Re digital.  What camera did you take the pictures with.  I (as a novice photographer) found Digital invaluable as a learning tool on my trip.  The ability to take the photo then have immediate feedback was invaluable.  If I thought I got it wrong delete and try it again in a different way.  

I had a 5 Meg Canon G5.  I would recommend a canon digital to anyone for ease of use and picture quality. I blew my images up to A4 size with no loss of quality.

Yannick Pilon

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2006, 08:18:42 AM »
To anyone who is interested,

I have about 700 Mb of Scotland pictures taken this summer.  While the weather wasn't very good, there are pictures of almost every hole I played on the following courses:

Prestwick
North Berwick
St. Andrews
Carnoustie
Royal Aberdeen
Cruden Bay
Royal Dornoch
Gleneagles, King's Course

I also have a few pictures of Quebec Golf Courses, the most famous being Islesmere from Willie Park Jr.

The Prestwick pictures are already on mysticcolorlab.com. Just e-mail me with your adress and I will add you as a guest.

I can also make the rest available to anyone interested as well...
www.yannickpilongolf.com - Golf Course Architecture, Quebec, Canada

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back