News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Marty Bonnar

Aah, the Peninsula...
« on: February 09, 2006, 03:47:46 PM »
Just watching some coverage of the AT&T and reminiscing on our time in the area.
WOW! It is stunning, isn't it!? Those aerial views have to be among the most beautiful in golf.
I am also struck by the similarity of CPC 15/16/17 with PB 6/7/8. Although not quite in (or OF, IMHO!) the same order, there is quite a resemblance. Is there any evidence from Mack/Raynor suggesting that the thoughts of Neville/Grant/Egan were so good that they simply had to be 're-used next door'? ;)

FBD.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2006, 03:50:03 PM by Martin Bonnar »
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

Tom Huckaby

Re:Aah, the Peninsula...
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2006, 03:57:56 PM »
Pretty darn nice here this week, isn't it?

Get this - my wife has corporate tent seats for tomorrow - she's going, I have to go to work.  It's bizzaro world in the Huckaby house.

In any case, Martin that's interesting re the two course... those are sorta similar peninsulas.  But given that the holes surrounding such came out SO differently, well... I have to believe any connection is coincidental.

Marty Bonnar

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2006, 04:08:59 PM »
Pretty darn nice here this week, isn't it?

Under-frickin-statement of the (young) year so far, Mr H!!! ;)

Right up there with:
"That Charlize Theron is kinda cute".

As La Nancy is currently watching some crapo legal drama thingie which goes on until 10.30, I am sur le keyboard until then with a glass or two of vin fantastique! Chile has really come on leaps and bounds!!!

I believe the weather is set for the weekend too. Be really cool to see the tourney in full sunlight for once!!! (Although not quite as mystical as that lovverly misty fogginess....)

FBD.
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

Brian_Sleeman

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2006, 05:49:55 PM »
So it turns out the weather we recently enjoyed out there wasn't really a fluke at all - the whole season appears to be a fluke.  This is good stuff.

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2006, 05:53:46 PM »
They say this is a "La Nina" year - ocean currents cool, meaning warm and dry weather.  We have these about once a decade I think.

The contrast is El Nino - ocean currents warm, wet and cold weather results.  Those years suck.  We have them too often.

But we will not think about such things now.  Long live La Nina!

RJ_Daley

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2006, 06:18:26 PM »
Get this - my wife has corporate tent seats for tomorrow - she's going, I have to go to work.  It's bizzaro world in the Huckaby house.

I for one am gratified to know that the long suffering 'Mrs. America's guest' will get a well deserved afternoon of relaxation and  respite from the daily grind of keeping Mr. Huckaby's home and hearth warm and well provisioned. :P ;) ;D
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2006, 06:19:19 PM »
RJD:

You have this uniquely nailed.  
 ;D ;D ;D

RJ_Daley

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2006, 06:23:26 PM »
Huck, when she returns from her "Queen for a Day" retreat, have the house clean, a nice dinner, bottle of vino, and you will be the one to have it uniquely nailed! :o ;D 8)
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2006, 06:24:42 PM »
RJD - I do appreciate the wisdom.  In my envy I was planning to let things all go to hell... but yours is a MUCH wiser plan on all levels.  So it is written, so it shall be done.

;D

Tiger_Bernhardt

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2006, 06:51:52 PM »
Tom,  Hasn't this been an incredibly wet December and January for you guys?

peter_p

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2006, 10:30:01 PM »
Tiger,
No, that was Washington and Oregon that got wet. My first Oregon round of the year was today.

Scott Seward

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2006, 10:56:25 PM »
I have been traipsing around taking a lot of picutres at the three courses (for my job) and it isn't possible that this tournament will ever have better weather....ever. Unbelievable.

Jim Nugent

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2006, 11:49:49 PM »
I have been traipsing around taking a lot of picutres at the three courses (for my job) and it isn't possible that this tournament will ever have better weather....ever. Unbelievable.

Scott, any possibility you can post some?

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back