News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

A.G._Crockett

Re:Capital City Club-Crabapple
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2006, 06:52:03 PM »
Anthony,
Glad you liked East Lake; you have a nice trip going, to say the least.  What is the rest of the plan?  I hope you got to East Lake early enough to walk around the clubhouse; truly a special place in the history of the game.

BTW, Crabapple is NOT in BFE!.  I live about 5 miles from the course, and it is technically in BFNW!  Besides, you should see the traffic in this area when it gets rolling.

I'm trying to get my head around your enjoyment of East Lake and Crabapple but not Cuscowilla.  I really believe that if that was a test question in which one had to select the course that "did not belong" or was least similar to the other two, Crabapple would have to be the answer most would give.  But that's why there are horse races, I guess.
"Golf...is usually played with the outward appearance of great dignity.  It is, nevertheless, a game of considerable passion, either of the explosive type, or that which burns inwardly and sears the soul."      Bobby Jones

Brock Peyer

« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2006, 07:11:59 PM »
Tony, I am really starting to become jealous of your week.  I wish that I could meet up with you guys.  

Anthony_Nysse

« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2006, 01:57:33 AM »
AG-
  I would drive up to Crabapple in a heartbeat! We finished around 5pm and got to see some of the traffic! Crazy. I just really enjoyd Crabapple and East Lake cause most everything was right in front of you-Any mistakes were my fault and both courses were very fair. A well struck shot was more than rewarded. I make my misktakes at both clubs as they are DEEP from those back tees, but it was because of poor exacuted shots. The Clubhouse at EL is a museum to Bobby Jones. A small part to EL being so good is the experience, but only a small part.

Tony Nysse
Asst. Supt.
Long Cove Club
HHI, SC
« Last Edit: February 10, 2006, 08:36:42 AM by Anthony_Nysse »
Anthony J. Nysse
Director of Golf Courses & Grounds
Apogee Club
Hobe Sound, FL

Chris Munoz

« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2006, 08:32:12 AM »
Hey Anthony, aren't you supposed to spending your time at the golf industry show this week?????  You are very lucky to get on those 2 golf courses this week.  Do you know how much land Fazio moved at Crabapple????I am down here in Punta Cana, and Fazio will be doing the Corales Golf Club, and there will be a lot of earth moving.  The site is pretty much flat, but what makes the site awesome are the water holes, 7-9, then 16-18.  I will send you pics later on and the site plan.  

What seminars are you going to this week and what do you think of the trade show????

Christian C. Munoz
Assistant Superintendent Corales
PUNTACANA Resort & Club
www.puntacana.com

jeffwarne

« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2006, 09:17:47 AM »
Anthony,
based on your consistent use of the "F" word and the words "out in front of you" ,and coupled with your comments about the British Open courses,I'm going to guess #5 at Long Cove is not your favorite hole ;D

and i'm going to guess you're a good player
"Let's slow the damned greens down a bit, not take the character out of them." Tom Doak
"Take their focus off the grass and put it squarely on interesting golf." Don Mahaffey

Anthony_Nysse

« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2006, 07:01:53 PM »
Jeff,
  You're assumption is right on-It's not my favorite, but it's interesting because there is nothing like it in the area, let alone, really in the south. Pete built a semi blind, short par 4 at TPC (#12) and a completely blind with larger mounding at Old Marsh. (#5) They are all differerent and come with alot of controversy-Some love them, so don't care for them. I'll leave it at unique! ;D At least the approach shots are wedges and 9 irons!

Tony Nysse
Asst. Supt.
Long Cove Club
« Last Edit: February 10, 2006, 10:01:07 PM by Anthony_Nysse »
Anthony J. Nysse
Director of Golf Courses & Grounds
Apogee Club
Hobe Sound, FL

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back