News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Carlyle Rood

Separated at Birth
« on: January 20, 2006, 09:58:02 PM »
I found some old photos from GCA get-togethers that I've attended (KPII, KPIII, Dixie Cup).  It occurred to me that I met almost everyone AFTER I'd been corresponding with them for months/years on this board.  It was fun to put faces to names.

It occurred to me that many of you have experienced the same thing.  I was wondering, which persons looked the most, or the least, like you expected?

I'll withhold my candidates for the moment.

King's Putter II

Dixie Cup 2004

Steve Lang

Re:Separated at Birth
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2006, 10:17:15 PM »
 8)

These two were actually separated at birth or was it mirth in SE TX

Inverness (Toledo, OH) cathedral clock inscription: "God measures men by what they are. Not what they in wealth possess.  That vibrant message chimes afar.
The voice of Inverness"

Mike Hendren

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2006, 01:21:03 PM »
Where on earth is Mr. Clem?
Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

Joe Hancock

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2006, 06:39:15 PM »
The first time I met Don Mahaffey I felt like I met a long lost brother. In reality I was just hoping I looked at least half as handsome as he. ;D

Joe
" What the hell is the point of architecture and excellence in design if a "clever" set up trumps it all?" Peter Pallotta, June 21, 2016

"People aren't picking a side of the fairway off a tee because of a randomly internally contoured green ."  jeffwarne, February 24, 2017

Ian Andrew

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2006, 09:06:17 PM »
It would be nice if someone could place the names to all the faces. I know some, but not that many.

Don_Mahaffey

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2006, 10:32:51 PM »
Brother Joe,
OK, what are you looking for? ;)

Actually we must be related as we're just to alike not to be from the same tree.

Mike Benham

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2006, 11:07:56 PM »
Comparing this photo with Cuscowilla, Huck has the same shirt on ...

"... and I liked the guy ..."

Mike Benham

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2006, 11:12:11 PM »

King's Putter group photo, Pasatiempo, behind the 18th green.
"The Ides of March 2003"

l to r, top row
Bill McBride, Neal Meagher, Andy Staples, Dan King, John Bernhardt, David Moriarty, Dave Schmidt, Mike Cirba, Kevin Reilly, Pete Pittock, Mike Golden, Pete Lavallee, John VanderBorght, Mike Benham, Ed Getka, Lou Duran, Jeff Fortson

l to r, bottom row
Scott Clem, Jeff Stettner, John Krystynak, Geoffrey Childs, Gib Papazian, Joel Stewart, MIke Hendren, Carlyle Rood, Tom Huckaby

Shutter shy shotmakers: Bob Huntley, Lynn Shackleford & Dan Grossman.

Shades of Hitchcock-that's me, the shadow bottom left, holding the darkslide. Notice the moon top left.

Thanks to Tom Huckaby for the ID.
"... and I liked the guy ..."

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back