News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

cary lichtenstein

Bandon GCA Trip
« on: January 02, 2006, 02:03:50 PM »
Is anybody putting together a Bandon GCA Trip this summer?

I haven't been there since the first course opened.

What's the best month for weather?

Live Jupiter, Fl, was  4 handicap, played top 100 US, top 75 World. Great memories, no longer play, 4 back surgeries. I don't miss a lot of things about golf, life is simpler with out it. I miss my 60 degree wedge shots, don't miss nasty weather, icing, back spasms. Last course I played was Augusta

Matthew Schulte

Re:Bandon GCA Trip
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2006, 02:13:34 PM »
Statistically, July and August are the best weather months for Bandon.  See the attached link for the averages:  http://www.weather.com/activities/other/other/weather/climo-monthly-graph.html?locid=USOR0023&from=search

You might be surprised to learn how far in advance the "prime" tee times now need to be booked, especially for foursomes or large groups wanting to play 36 a day.  

Tim Bert

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2006, 02:47:09 PM »
We booked last year in September or October for the last week in June and had no problem getting the first tee time of the day on any course we wanted.  Granted, that is pretty far in advance, but we knew the third course was opening that month.

Both times I've been it has been during the first day of summer, and we have had perfect weather both times.  Only had drops of rain on one round that I can remember and even then it was literally drops.  Everything else was sunny or partly cloudy and between 55 (in the early morning) and 70.  I think that week is a perfect time to go.  You can look at historical averages and see that the likelihood of rain is very low that time of year.

You also get a pretty strong wind that time of year.  The morning round stays moderately calm until the clouds blow off.  By the afternoon, we were usually facing 25-40 mph winds.

Tom Jefferson

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2006, 06:55:30 PM »
Cary;

Depends on what you mean by "best weather."  The warmest, driest, sunniest months are July/August.......also the daily patterns of fog early, high winds through the day....those great links golf conditions.

The months of October have slightly cooler temps, with a shower or two, but far less wind than summer.  The weather in the early fall simply sparkles, and with dry and firm conditions............my favorite season here on the coast.

Tom
the pres

Dave Kemp

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2006, 08:02:18 PM »
How about early March?? The historical temp charts show it to be in the low to mid 50's with an avg of less than 0.5" of rain/day.   I may be in Vancouver for the CGCSA annual get together and am giving some thought to making the 10 hour drive (to and from Bandon) to reach the Promised Land.  ;D  It may the closest I get to it for the foreseeable future.

Thanks

Jay Flemma

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2006, 11:00:12 PM »
Yeah, I like March.  I had a great time playing in the 60s in February last year.

Russell Lo

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2006, 04:47:52 PM »
I'm planning to play there in mid-May. Anyone with an idea of the weather at that time of year?

peter_p

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2006, 05:24:21 PM »
Russell,
Use the link in Matthe Schulte's reply #1

cary lichtenstein

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2006, 08:08:43 PM »
Bette and I would like to go in May or June. Any CGA want to join us?
Live Jupiter, Fl, was  4 handicap, played top 100 US, top 75 World. Great memories, no longer play, 4 back surgeries. I don't miss a lot of things about golf, life is simpler with out it. I miss my 60 degree wedge shots, don't miss nasty weather, icing, back spasms. Last course I played was Augusta

Ari Techner

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2006, 09:22:18 PM »
I am always up for a game at Bandon.  I live in Eugene if you need another any day your down there let me know.  

Norbert P

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2006, 02:21:30 AM »

What's the best month for weather?

February has got some great Scottish weather with great Scottish prices.  

"Golf is only meant to be a small part of one’s life, centering around health, relaxation and having fun with friends/family." R"C"M

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back