News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Brian Gracely

Which shots do you wish you hit?
« on: January 02, 2006, 08:47:48 PM »
Thinking about my rounds at Tobacco Road lately, I regret that I didn't try and hit a few shots that I think would be alot of fun to try.  

1) A running shot on #3, through the swale, to a back flag.
2) Going for the green on #13 in two shots.

What shots do you wish you had hit, and do you think you'll give them at least one try in 2006?

Andy Hughes

Re:Which shots do you wish you hit?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2006, 10:06:18 PM »
Brian,
Please do tell what happens if you try a runner on #3. I am curious how it would work with such a soft green from a fairly short distance.
For 13, are you considering driving over the trees to have a go in 2, or a cut up the right side into the neck?  
Andy
"Perhaps I'm incorrect..."--P. Mucci 6/7/2007

Andy Troeger

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2006, 10:10:31 PM »
I wish I hadn't tried to be a hero on Nos. 16 and 18 and Tullymore when I was having a career round in June. Two overzealous drives down the left that were not hit well led to watery graves and two 7's on the card that put a quick end to my efforts at a record day!

Actually there are a lot of times I wish I hadn't tried the hero shot. Thankfully I pull one off just enough to make them worthwhile :)
« Last Edit: January 02, 2006, 10:10:48 PM by Andy Troeger »

Garland Bayley

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2006, 10:29:24 PM »
I wish I could hit the same shot twice in a row anywhere besides the driving range.  :)  :D  ;D
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Mike Boehm

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2006, 11:00:20 PM »
If I could replay two shots from last summer, I would go back to two tee shots that I played conservatively at Eagle Creek in Norwalk, OH.  I was sitting pretty at 3-under through 14 holes.  As the course is a par-71, I could play the last 4 in +1 and break 70 for the first time.

I took a 3-iron off the tee on the par-4 15th and 17th holes, knocked both of them into trouble and made a pair of double bogies.  Looking back, I don't think I had it a driver more than a yard off the fairway the entire day.  If I could go back, I would definitely hit driver off those tees, and maybe would have finally broken 70.

Mike

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back