News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

paul cowley

Patrick Mucci got me thinking about this, and I guess my question is "does having the least physical contact with your golf equipment, beyond what is required for your shot, make for great architecture?"
« Last Edit: January 01, 2006, 08:52:23 PM by paul cowley »
paul cowley...golf course architect/asgca

Tom Jefferson

......Good Shivas Irons in the Sky, NO.  It has simply nothing to do with it.

In fact, what better feeling than the one that accompanies the words, "let's go tee it up!"  Where you get excited, get a playing partner, lace up the spikes, hurry to pay the fees and put the peg in the ground, and let it go, chasing after it with glee WHEREEVER it went.

All the other stuff you describe is nothing more than an example of the game hogtied by the "modern world."

I won't have any of it, I tell you.  It's a new year, the rain has stopped, the first tee is clear.......I'm gonna go SIMPLY tee it up!

Tom
the pres

RJ_Daley

Paul, maybe some people grow up that way and are comfortable being nursed like a suckling babe.  It may be more of a cultural or class strata thing.  But, such fawning makes me personally feel greasy and uneasy.  

I certainly don't equate any of it to architecture.  They can fawn and kiss your ass with superfluous service at the greatest golf courses that are truly great architecture.  Those courses can still be great.  But, I see these impossed personal services as a medling into my space and a complete detraction from enjoyment of the sport.
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

M. Shea Sweeney

Paul-

May I ask the name of this club and its location?

paul cowley

sorry guys....I decided that locale specifics weren't relevent to my question.
paul cowley...golf course architect/asgca

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back