News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jordan Wall

Re:Only 2 at Bandon
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2005, 02:17:53 PM »
I have always liked blondes.  I dont think my dad would mind as long as mom didnt find out.  Plus all the hot cheerleaders at school are blonde :D

Honestly though, it might seem nice, but think about it.  My dad's taking me to Bandon.  I'm getting him a caddy for each round...Even with a blonde caddy, I still think I'm getting the better deal ;D

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2005, 02:20:30 PM »
Jordan - damn right you're getting the better deal.  But just the fact you KNOW THIS and understand it makes you OK in my book.  I'm guessing a lot of people your age wouldn't even get that part.  Getting a caddie for Dad is just the icing on the cake.  Getting the hot blonde will make you a legend.  Remember too she'll be carrying Dad's bag and paying most attention to him... but if she wants a good tip - and she will - it won't hurt to let her know who's paying.  There we have a great win-win situation.

And Mom will understand.   ;)

PThomas

« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2005, 02:22:36 PM »
Jordan -- if this all works out we'd better see some pictures posted after  your trip!
199 played, only Augusta National left to play!

Jordan Wall

« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2005, 02:25:27 PM »
Better believe I do my research.  You only have ONE sixteenth B-Day.  In definitely understand all this golf stuff, and get a lot of it as well.  My goal is to be like Palmer.  On the PGA but an architect as well (my favorite is Mr. Doak...Pac Dunes :D) so I HAVE to know my golf stuff.  The cheerleader caddies just add to the fun and prove that golf is the best game-as does a place like Bandon Dunes!

Jordan Wall

« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2005, 02:29:24 PM »
Oh, by the way I have a photo album full of EVERY course I have ever played Paul.  Caddies too ;D  Actually my first job ever will be this summer caddying at Sahalee.

BUT, can someone show me how to post a picture.  Pictures also that are not on the web, but saved to the computer too.  I will post my favorite picture ever.  Its me and dad at Kapalua.

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2005, 02:32:01 PM »
Jordan - unfortunately the way this site works, the photo has to be somewhere on the internet before it can be posted here.  Pics saved on your computer won't work.  So upload those to photobucket or something like that, then they can be posted.

How you do so is as follows:

(img)URL for the photo (/img)

Only instead of parentheses, use brackets - ie [ and ].  If I typed those above, the system here would think I'm trying to post a photo.

TH

PThomas

« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2005, 02:32:16 PM »
my wife's got a conference in Seattle next year, so who knows Jordan, maybe I'll see you at Sahalee

of course, I will not be taking a picture of you...and I'm sure you understand why! (even if you dye your hair blond!)

Jordan Wall

« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2005, 02:38:49 PM »
Sorry Tom I cant figure this thing out.  I'll get dad to help later.  

And Paul, I dont blame you.  Plus I'm not skinny enough to look good enough to wear a mini skirt.  Nonetheless, tell me when your coming (my email is in my profile) and I might see you.  I will caddy in the summer when I am old enough.

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2005, 02:45:03 PM »
Jordan - that's cool - took me years to figure it out myself.  But if I can do it surely you can.   ;)

In the meantime here's one to whet your appetite.  Sorry, no blonde caddies.  But her picture was posted on here before....

PThomas

« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2005, 02:46:29 PM »
Huck - when you say it took you years to figure out you ARE talking about posting pictures and not wearing a skirt, right!? :o ;)

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2005, 02:47:44 PM »
Huck - when you say it took you years to figure out you ARE talking about posting pictures and not wearing a skirt, right!? :o ;)

Of course I mean BOTH.

;D

Jordan Wall

« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2005, 02:49:32 PM »
how did you do that.  Can you copy and paste it?  I have a bandon picture on the web but still dont know how to post it...thanks for the help tom ;)

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2005, 02:52:21 PM »
Jordan - I don't think cut and paste would work.

Just get the URL for where the picture is - copy that.

Then do as I say above.

Type in exactly like this:

(img)_________(/img)

Only replace the ( and ) with [ and ] in each case, and the URL goes where the blank is.

TH

Jordan Wall

« Reply #38 on: December 22, 2005, 02:54:28 PM »

Jordan Wall

« Reply #39 on: December 22, 2005, 02:55:23 PM »
why is my picture x'ed out.  It was a picture of Pacific Dunes ???

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #40 on: December 22, 2005, 03:13:18 PM »
Lots of things can make this not work.  On thing is it has to be a picture file - ending in jpg or gif or the like.  But other things can screw it up also.  Oh well.

:'(
« Last Edit: December 22, 2005, 03:14:14 PM by Tom Huckaby »

Jordan Wall

« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2005, 03:15:32 PM »
anyawy, thanks for your guys opinions.  I have done some...talking...and I will Play Bandon Dunes and Pacific Dunes with my dad.  I dont know what I could have done without all the info you guys have given me ;) ;)Thank you so much for giving me a warm welcome to the site!

Michael Hayes

« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2005, 03:48:23 PM »
Hey Jordan, My first Job was as a caddie at Sahalee CC and I only learned to post a pic about a month ago ;D...If you want something better than a caddy job IM me, I could call Rich Taylor the super and help you get a job on the green crew...BTW my dad, also Michael Hayes, is a member at sahalee and would love to play golf with you sometime...
Bandonistas Unite!!!

Jordan Wall

« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2005, 04:00:38 PM »
Michael, I would LOVE to play Sahalee with you or your dad or both.  But because my dad doesnt know you he would have to come too.  Not just to play, but I think you understand ;)

Anyways, I would rather work with the green crew.  My golf coach's (Ryan Nelson) grandfather was the founder of Sahalee but I still have not golfed there.  I was going to do there caddy program, even though I have caddied LOTS of times before.  Recently I caddied at a hurricane relief tourney at Washington National GC.  Were you there?

Norbert P

« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2005, 04:09:40 PM »
  Whichever two you play, be sure to waqlk the third near sunset. They probably will let you ramble about if you say you just want to take some pictures and promise to saty out of the way of any straggling golfers.  

Take a flashlight . . .  you may get carried away and hang out a little too long.  I always do.  Those courses are extra magical at sunset through twilight.

There's also a nice trail that takes you to the beach just north of #1 tee of BTrails.  It's dream country.

Enjoy !
"Golf is only meant to be a small part of one’s life, centering around health, relaxation and having fun with friends/family." R"C"M

Sean Leary

« Reply #45 on: December 22, 2005, 04:29:20 PM »
Michael, I would LOVE to play Sahalee with you or your dad or both.  But because my dad doesnt know you he would have to come too.  Not just to play, but I think you understand ;)

Jordan,  Michael will understand, he gets that comment all the time.  I was afraid to play with him by myself too, so we invited another GCA'er to play with us as well ;) ;)

Other than the fact that he doesn't carry enough clubs, he's basically harmless..

Jordan Wall

« Reply #46 on: December 22, 2005, 04:33:59 PM »
You wouldnt happen to have your dad's email would you?  What about Richard Taylor-the super's email?  That would be really cool.  I'm sure my dad would be up to playing a game with you and your dad.  ;D

Michael Hayes

« Reply #47 on: December 22, 2005, 04:38:59 PM »
Hey Jordan, shoot me an instant message with your email address and we will set something up once this area dries out after the holidays...You might want to IM Sean Leary too, all those guys at alderra need caddies for their wallets ;D ;D ;D
Bandonistas Unite!!!

Michael Hayes

« Reply #48 on: December 22, 2005, 04:41:48 PM »
Before you go to bandon Jordan get a hold of Tom Jefferson from here, he might be able to get you on the 9 hole par-3 course at the resort, it was built for juniors...

Tom I'm sorry if I let the cat out of the bag but I just could not resist ;D...sorry...
Bandonistas Unite!!!

Jordan Wall

« Reply #49 on: December 22, 2005, 04:48:48 PM »
Michael just click on my name and my profile, and my email will be there.  Heck, here it is:
golfwas@yahoo.com

Who would be playing(like I said, my dad would have to play with me) when the weather dries up?  I hope you guys dont mind that I'm not the best golfer in the world.  At the summer, I was a 26 handicap but I am now at a 7.6 because I have played about 210-230 times since February.

I have never been to Alderra but by best friends dad did some work at the course.  I would happily caddy for Sean.  I would love to see Alderra as my local pro (Joe Korn from the Nile) cant stop talking about the course.  Nile is not my team's homecourse, Ballinger is, but I like Nile better.  

Is Tom a member at GCA?

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back