News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

paul cowley

oh my god ...I'm a God
« on: December 11, 2005, 11:07:34 PM »
I just noticed my new status...I thought I had to get to 1,000.....maybe I was ordained early because of the caliber of my posts.....quite honestly I'm really not sure how to act although if I close my eyes and sit still something feels a little different.
I know this might be a little presumptuous but how did any of you other Gods feel when it happened?....and if you have any pointers going forward I would sure love to skip a trip or two!

Omnipotently yours,
p :)ul
paul cowley...golf course architect/asgca

T_MacWood

Re:oh my god ...I'm a God
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2005, 11:31:06 PM »
There are many gods on gca...you are the god of mobile home parks and nascar.

Tommy_Naccarato

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2005, 02:44:25 AM »
I am the Master of my Domain.

paul cowley

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2005, 07:12:23 AM »
...you know MacWood...I might be only 1/20th the god Tom Paul is, but if I were you I wouldn't venture onto many racetracks or visit any trailer parks soon ....you would look kind of funny with a lightning bolt stuck out your butt. :-*
« Last Edit: December 12, 2005, 07:25:51 PM by paul cowley »

T_MacWood

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2005, 07:16:17 AM »
...you know MacWood...I might be only 1/20th the god Tom Paul is, but if I were you I wouldn't venture onto many racetracks or visit any trailer parks soon ....you would look kind of funny with a lightning bolt stuck out your but. :-*

I reckon you are right...and I forgot one, in addition to mobile home parks and nascar.....banjo pick'n (a la Deliverance).

paul cowley

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2005, 07:24:26 AM »
Tom....my mother, a grand diety in her own right, always said "son, you just have to be the bigger person"....so,

I love you Tom MacWood, and do have a nice day! :)

ForkaB

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2005, 07:28:48 AM »
Don't get a big head, Paul.  It's an automatic thing once you've demonstrated skill in finding and using the Caps key......

TEPaul

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2005, 07:44:37 AM »
"I know this might be a little presumptuous but how did any of you other Gods feel when it happened?...."

To be honest Paul, I felt a little punk and depressed when I became a God because when Ran instituted Godhood he took away my Doyenism----whatever a Doyen is (I visualized some old Grande Dame, maybe a Chinese Grande Dame). Doyen sounded pretty cool anyway.

;)

john_stiles

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2005, 08:18:34 AM »
Status of YaBB God is set too low for the modern era and needs to be longer to be a challenge to the better posters.

I think 1000 should be a YaBB lesser God.

Make 5,000 or 10,000 the measure of YaBB God.

That's my opinion as a YaBB God rater anyway.

paul cowley

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2005, 08:40:50 AM »
Rich....thanks for noticing, it makes all that hard work worth the effort. ;D

My next feat will be to graduate from using just two fingers. ;)

....and John, I tend to agree...maybe some kind of apprentice period would work.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2005, 08:48:57 AM by paul cowley »

PThomas

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2005, 08:55:18 AM »
after reaching such lofty  ;)status, I suddenly felt the urge to be set a good example, behave better, etc...so I vowed to always make sure that I put on clean underwear each day ;)!

199 played, only Augusta National left to play!

Troy Alderson

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2005, 04:15:33 PM »
Clean underwear?  Do I get clean underwear when I become a god?  I wonder how that will feel.

Troy

Dan King

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2005, 04:19:48 PM »
Don't give away too many of those good god jobs. I'm looking forward to making it some time, maybe prior to King's Putter V. Will TomH make it a second time before I reach god-hood?

Hey, I gotta come up with a quote for everyone of mine. I have no idea how many potential posts went into the trash because of the lack of a suitable quote.

Dan King
Do I have to know rules and all that crap? Then forget it.
 --John Daly (when asked whether he'd like to join the Royal and Ancient Golf Club, after winning the '95 British Open at St. Andrews)

Craig Van Egmond

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2005, 04:24:02 PM »

Dan King,

I've been wondering how long it will take Sir Thomas of Huckaby to surpass me also.  I'll bet he hits 1000 before I do.

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2005, 05:16:21 PM »
This is an interesting thought:  since I was proven to be a false god before, does that make me a greater god when I reach that level again?  A redeemed god?  I do believe I will require a special title.

;D

James Bennett

« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2005, 12:12:35 AM »
Re <insert name of appropriate YABB God here>

he's not the messiah, he's just a naughty boy!

from The Life of Brian (Monty python)
Bob; its impossible to explain some of the clutter that gets recalled from the attic between my ears. .  (SL Solow)

Dan King

« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2005, 01:49:12 AM »
If the spot isn't already taken, and is still available come my day in the sun, I'd like to be the god of Islay Scotch and golf. I’m proficient in Ardbeg, Bowmore, Bruichladdich, Bunnahabhain, Caol  Ila, Lagavulin and Laphroaig (though I did have to look up the spelling of a couple of those – but then I'm not a god just yet.)

If the Islay god thing isn't available how about the god of reposado tequila and golf courses in and around Tijuana?

Dan King
The gods of men are sillier than their kings and queens, and emptier and more powerless.
 --Maxwell Anderson

Dave_Miller

« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2005, 12:07:14 PM »
I just noticed my new status...I thought I had to get to 1,000.....maybe I was ordained early because of the caliber of my posts.....quite honestly I'm really not sure how to act although if I close my eyes and sit still something feels a little different.
I know this might be a little presumptuous but how did any of you other Gods feel when it happened?....and if you have any pointers going forward I would sure love to skip a trip or two!

Omnipotently yours,
p :)ul

Paul:
The same as I did when Tom Paul called Ed Baker and me the "Maniacs from Boston". ;D
Best
Dave

Forrest Richardson

« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2005, 08:57:44 PM »
If Paul is a God, then surely Tommy is something greated than a MOHOD.
— Forrest Richardson, Golf Course Architect/ASGCA
    www.golfgroupltd.com
    www.golframes.com

Evan Fleisher

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2006, 09:10:33 AM »
950 is the magic number...just crossed the THRESHOLD myself.

Man!  Does it feel good!  ;D
Born Rochester, MN. Grew up Miami, FL. Live Cleveland, OH. Handicap 12.2. Have 24 & 21 year old girls and wife of 27 years. I'm a Senior Supply Chain Business Analyst for Vitamix. Diehard walker, but tolerate cart riders! Love to travel, always have my sticks with me. Mollydooker for life!

Donnie Beck

« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2006, 09:29:54 AM »
Maybe if I responded to more of these and OT posts I too may one day become a GOD  :)

PThomas

« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2006, 10:33:35 AM »
Evan and Donnie - if idiots like myself are gods, thne it might be best to avoid becoming one! ;)

Joe Hancock

« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2006, 06:33:49 PM »
Well, I'll be....must be my dyslexia....

All along I thought after I hit 1000 posts I became a "BaBY dog"...

Joe

« Last Edit: January 21, 2006, 06:34:21 PM by Joe Hancock »
" What the hell is the point of architecture and excellence in design if a "clever" set up trumps it all?" Peter Pallotta, June 21, 2016

"People aren't picking a side of the fairway off a tee because of a randomly internally contoured green ."  jeffwarne, February 24, 2017

Jeff_Brauer

« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2006, 11:15:25 PM »
Paul,

Being a gca god is kind of like a bath - not so hot once you get used to it......

Anyway, that and $3 bucks won't buy you a fancy Starbucks coffee, so whats it really worth? :D
Jeff Brauer, ASGCA Director of Outreach

PThomas

« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2006, 11:25:56 PM »
Jeff:  I think I told my wife I was a god one time....I think she then told me to take out the garbage....

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back