News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tom_Doak

Most Involved Designer Award 2005
« on: November 30, 2005, 03:48:05 PM »
My brother sent me a clipping from the "Golfer's Guide" to Arizona, which includes an ad for the new Sonoran Course at Tucson National, designed by Tom Lehman.  According to the professional,

"Tom has taken the extra step to play each hole to see where the ball lands."

Sorry, I couldn't resist.  If only I'd had this a year ago, I might have tempted Jack Nicklaus to hit some balls in the dirt with us.

JSlonis

Re:Most Involved Designer Award 2005
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2005, 03:55:06 PM »
Glad to hear that he was thorough. ;D  It's a shame you just heard about this concept, just think of all the fun you and Jack could've had.

Didn't I just read in the New Yorker..."It was good to see Tom Doak take the extra step and actually show up on site to oversee the design & construction of Sebonack."   Ohh, maybe I just read it wrong.  ;)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2005, 04:03:16 PM by JSlonis »

cary lichtenstein

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2005, 06:16:23 PM »
But who is the least involved golf designer of the year?????
Live Jupiter, Fl, was  4 handicap, played top 100 US, top 75 World. Great memories, no longer play, 4 back surgeries. I don't miss a lot of things about golf, life is simpler with out it. I miss my 60 degree wedge shots, don't miss nasty weather, icing, back spasms. Last course I played was Augusta

Sean Leary

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2005, 06:40:29 PM »
Cary,

Fazio usually gets it, doesn't he?

I was actually shocked to find out recently that Fazio made a dozen site visits on my course while it was being built in the late 90's.  From what I have heard, that is a lot for him.

Joel_Stewart

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2005, 12:08:18 AM »
But who is the least involved golf designer of the year?????

Gary Player and possibly Lee Trevino if he's still doing courses.  I have heard Trevino never goes to a site until opening day.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2005, 12:08:39 AM by Joel_Stewart »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back