News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Carl Nichols

Guatemala
« on: November 06, 2009, 10:14:02 AM »
An old friend is getting married in Antigua, Guatemala, in a few months.  Any reason to pack the clubs?   

Jay Flemma

Re: Guatemala
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2009, 01:59:47 PM »
Antigua Golf Resort by the Dyes is supposed to be good.  Joel Zuckerman can tell you more.  Tell them not to miss Tikal (not a golf course).
Mackenzie, MacRayBanks, Maxwell, Doak, Dye, Strantz. @JayGolfUSA, GNN Radio Host of Jay's Plays www.cybergolf.com/writerscorner

Carl Nichols

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2009, 06:11:30 PM »
Thanks Jay.  May have to make this a golf-free trip.

Walter Bart

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2009, 08:09:08 PM »
 My wife and I spent 2 weeks in Guatemala about 10 years ago. No golf courses there then, but who cared.
 Tikal is nowhere near Antigua . It is  a plane flight from Guatemala City.

Antigua is lovely.  My most memorable times  there involved mountain  biking outside city through incredible countryside, eating at
  one of the few high -end restaurants with  a guard  outside with an automatic rifle, and missing by a day the main expatriate bar/ restaurant being taken over by gunmen.

Also did main parts of the Gringo trail to Lake Atitlan  and Chichicastanago.  Unforgettable experiences. It might rival
         playing Royal Dornoch for the first time.  Keep the clubs home

Jason Topp

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2009, 12:32:37 AM »
Forget the golf.  Climb the volcano.

Antigua is lovely.  Hopefully you are staying at the hotel that is also the ruins of a church.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back