News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Sean_A

Golf Books Auction
« on: November 15, 2005, 10:50:26 AM »
For you archie/golf heads out there, I am auctioning two books with Ran's permission.  All proceeds (if there are any)less postage, will be donated to GCA in the form of a check to Ran.

The first book is a 1906 2nd edition of Low's Concerning Golf.  It is in good, but not great condition.  There are age marks around the edges and the last section of the book is starting to come loose from the binding glue.  I have been told by a well known golf book dealer that the book is easily worth £50.  With this in mind I will set a £55/$95 reserve.  I think this book is a steal because I have seen it sold for as much as £90 four years ago.  

The second book is Darwin's Playing The Like.  This is a 1952 Sportman's Book Club edition in good condition with the dust jacket.  There are some age marks on the edges and on the dust jacket.  The same dealer has told me the book should easily fetch £15.  With this in mind, I will set a £20/$35 reserve.  

Both reserve prices include postage anywhere in the world.  People can bid via IM.  I will close bidding by the time I hit the hay (usually about 11:00 pm UK time) next Monday, the 21st of November.  Furthermore, if the purchaser(s) is/are unhappy for ANY reason with the book(s), I will gladly refund the money upon return of the book(s) without any questions asked.

If anybody has any queries, please don't hesitate to ask.  

Ciao

Sean
New plays planned for 2024:Winterfield, Alnmouth, Camden, Palmetto Bluff Crossroads Course, Colleton River Dye Course  & Old Barnwell

Tony_Muldoon

Re:Golf Books Auction
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2005, 04:08:30 PM »
Sean for those of us (i.e. me) who aren't familiar with the content of these books can you spell it out.

Are you referring to Grant Books in Droitwich, it's close to you?  I recently bought 4 books from him by phone and he was very helpful and knowledgeable, but there was something slightly strange about the conversation, as if he knew me.  Well later I wondered if I was now nearly famous and he followed things here.  If you do sir then why not post?

Thanks and great idea.

Tony
Let's make GCA grate again!

Tony_Muldoon

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2005, 04:08:48 AM »
Bid sent in!

Tony_Muldoon

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2005, 04:32:46 AM »
My wife's just called, she's at Heathrow after a week in New York and apparently we're now officially broke!

So guy's you'd not only be rainsing money for GCA, getting a great book (reccommended in Spirit of St Andrews no less) and be saving me from bankruptcy court. ;D

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back