News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

mike_malone

Shots (tactics) I have learned from this site
« on: November 21, 2005, 02:56:38 PM »
 Brent Hutto's post on the "snobbery" thread coupled with the "dream" thread got me thinking of shots I now use as a result of this site.

Our #7 hole requires a runup shot. But, if the pin is front right it gets very difficult to stop it near the hole if you come in from the right. Also, if you don't make the green you can easily run into the left greenside bunker.

After spending time on this site I thought "Why not go long with that pin placement. If I go over the green I still have the whole green to work with and I am pitching into the slope."

Thank you GCA!
« Last Edit: November 21, 2005, 03:21:33 PM by mayday_malone »
AKA Mayday

Jason Topp

Re:Shots I have learned from this site
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2005, 02:59:22 PM »
I've learned that if I try to take pictures and play golf, that my brain is incapable of dealing with both tasks, resulting in a confusing muddle.

Mark_Rowlinson

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2005, 02:59:55 PM »
This is dangerous - some GCAers, perhaps a little run down from spending too much time sitting at their computers, might well catch some of my awful shots.  They're very infectious, some of them are contagious, too, and one of them begins with the letters SH.

Keep well clear!

JESII

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2005, 03:04:35 PM »
So Mayday, everyone on here talks of the joys of the ground game and you come up with an aerial shot as your best acquisition, what's the deal? ??? ;) ;D

mike_malone

Re:Shots (tactics)I have learned from this site
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2005, 03:06:26 PM »
 Jim,

Actually I still run it on , but with more club than before.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2005, 03:20:24 PM by mayday_malone »
AKA Mayday

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back