News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tim Gavrich

Old Sandwich
« on: November 07, 2005, 08:35:49 AM »
I can't believe I missed it.  I played in a tournament at Pinehills in Plymouth, MA this past weekend, and had no idea what was down that dirt road.  What's OSGC like?  I'd imagine it's awesome, and ultra-private.  Any info/pictures?

Thanks
Senior Writer, GolfPass

Jim Franklin

Re:Old Sandwich
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2005, 01:26:29 PM »
OSGC was a fantastic experience. A friend of mine played it, liked it so much he joined on the spot. The course will only improve with age, but I loved it. Unfortunately I did not have my camera.
Mr Hurricane

Sean Leary

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2005, 01:29:21 PM »
They do not allow pictures, as per a thread a while ago about this...

Wayne Freeman

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2005, 10:32:57 PM »
Tim-  OS is the kind of course most can only dream about playing.  Suffice it to say that when Crenshaw/Coore build a course it is only done on the finest of properties-  they move the least amount of dirt possible, and everything is just so natural.  This is a fabulous layout, with beautiful terrain, lots of variety and elevation changes- a course you could play every day and never tire of--  it is super private, and the owners purchased the property from a man who used it as his private hunting grounds.  You walk from the magnificent clubhouse to the first tee along the most beautiful pond and the entire experience is just awesome. It is walking only.  At present they have about 40 members and plan on adding only about 20 per year to a max I believe of just over 200.  I don't think any of them worry too much about the money.
     Another great course very close is Boston Golf Club, another very exclusive private Gil Hanse layout-  C and C passed on this one feeling that it had too many design problems, but it came out nice-  it is set up to run hard and fast and has some really terrific holes.  
     A couple of other new ones closeby to Plymouth are Black Rock, a decent Brian Silva with a terrific punchbowl par 5 and excellent Redan hole,  and Blacksone National, an upscale public course which isn't bad.  

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back