News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Kyle Harris

Please...
« on: October 15, 2005, 07:23:54 PM »
keep all sharp objects away from me for the next week.

Poor poor Fighting Illini

Joe Hancock

Re:Please...
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2005, 07:37:28 PM »
Looks like ND just met the same fate....
" What the hell is the point of architecture and excellence in design if a "clever" set up trumps it all?" Peter Pallotta, June 21, 2016

"People aren't picking a side of the fairway off a tee because of a randomly internally contoured green ."  jeffwarne, February 24, 2017

RJ_Daley

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2005, 10:46:32 PM »
What a day for last minute endings! :o

Let's hope Tommy and Mucci, and you too Kyle, will be able to bounce back in a few days.    :-\
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Gib_Papazian

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2005, 10:53:23 PM »
My heart is a golden poem of joy.

They may have "Touchdown Jesus," but

GOD IS A TROJAN.

;)

RJ_Daley

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2005, 11:39:38 PM »
Yikes Gib, all it takes is a last second scoring Trojan penetration into a parochial end zone to bring you out of your writing hiatus? ;D
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Kyle Harris

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2005, 12:07:08 AM »
What a day for last minute endings! :o

Let's hope Tommy and Mucci, and you too Kyle, will be able to bounce back in a few days.    :-\

FSU Lost... so that's specially processed dairy product on fecal matter.

Sean_A

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2005, 05:12:09 AM »
Kyle

Never underestimate Michigan.  Now I spose you are hoping that the Wolverines will offer the same favor to OSU as to your Lions!

Ciao

Sean
New plays planned for 2024:Winterfield, Alnmouth, Camden, Palmetto Bluff Crossroads Course, Colleton River Dye Course  & Old Barnwell

Kelly Blake Moran

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2005, 07:46:14 AM »
My heart is a golden poem of joy.

They may have "Touchdown Jesus," but

GOD IS A TROJAN.

;)

...RIDING A LONGHORN

ForkaB

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2005, 08:49:31 AM »
I love the USC-ND games because you are guaranteed that at least one of the two most obnoxious teams in sport must lose.  When they tie, it is like heaven!  Unless, of course, you are of the bent that kissing one's sister is a birthright, rather than just one of the rings of Dante's Hell......

Just kidding, Gib and Tommy ::)

Kelly Blake Moran

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2005, 08:54:12 AM »
I love the USC-ND games because you are guaranteed that at least one of the two most obnoxious teams in sport must lose...

Rich,

You haven't seen obnoxious until you have lived in PA and for no apparent reason because they have done absolutely nothing for years.   :P

ForkaB

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2005, 09:03:53 AM »
Thanks, Kelly

As you know I've been out of the NCAA football loop for many years.  Is Paterno still coaching PSU, or has he taken early retirement?

Mike Vegis @ Kiawah

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2005, 09:10:19 AM »
At least you lost to the other team...  You didn't give it away. :P  The Michigan State special-teams coach better start putting his resume together... :'(

Kelly Blake Moran

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2005, 09:20:52 AM »
Rich,

Both!

Jfaspen

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2005, 09:47:08 AM »
At least you lost to the other team...  You didn't give it away. :P  The Michigan State special-teams coach better start putting his resume together... :'(

So frusterated today.. + the fact that we should have done something when we got the turnover at the 25...  MSU hasn't been able to close this year.. We're closer than ever, but still seem so far away.

Kyle Harris

« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2005, 11:12:38 AM »
Thanks, Kelly

As you know I've been out of the NCAA football loop for many years.  Is Paterno still coaching PSU, or has he taken early retirement?

6-1 and in the Driver's Seat for the Big Ten Championship yet...

He's still around.  ;)

Tommy_Naccarato

« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2005, 11:21:09 AM »
ND had them. HAD THEM!

Ted Kramer

« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2005, 11:23:56 AM »
ND had them. HAD THEM!

Yeah, that had to be a tough one for the ND faithful.
After Marino embarrassed the Jets with the "fake down it play", you would have thought that the ND linebackers might have been paying attention on the goal line with 3 seconds left. . .

-Ted

Jeff_Brauer

« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2005, 11:38:50 AM »
keep all sharp objects away from me for the next week.

Poor poor Fighting Illini

Paul Richards and I are not looking forward to next week.  On the other hand, with the Illini performance so far, we don't look forward to any football week - we look forward to basketball season!
Jeff Brauer, ASGCA Director of Outreach

Mike_Golden

« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2005, 12:55:11 PM »
Tommy,

They did, then they didn't....

But don't worry, Charlie Weis is the second coming of Ara Parseghian for the Irish.  What he's done with a team that was pretty bad last year is pretty amazing already.

RJ_Daley

« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2005, 01:22:09 PM »
6-1 and in the Driver's Seat for the Big Ten Championship yet...

Kyle, if we had any sort of defense, I'd take issue with that.  But, the way in which we retained Paul Bunyon's axe, and what we showed on D at Northwestern, well... I'll keep my tongue in check.

BTW, your comment of "special processed dairy product on fecal matter" causes me to wonder if Ben and Jerry have considered a new Cream and Cowpie delight? :P

Kyle Harris

« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2005, 01:26:20 PM »
Well, Wisky and PSU will be playing each other... so both are technically in the Driver's seat. However... you guys are travelling to Happy Valley.... so yeah...  ;)

RJ_Daley

« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2005, 01:33:02 PM »
We'd better bring the axe...just in case.

Trivia question for you Kyle:  Which two families stands equally in the highest esteem of legend for both the Badgers and Nittney Lions?

Joel_Stewart

« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2005, 03:11:03 PM »
But don't worry, Charlie Weis is the second coming of Ara Parseghian for the Irish.  What he's done with a team that was pretty bad last year is pretty amazing already.

Good point Mike but ND always has great players.  I think its more of a testament how bad Tyronne was at ND, look at Washington.  I am starting to wonder if Weis continues to bring ND up from the ashes, can he resist the pro game?

As for USC, all I can say is awesome.  They still have Cal, Fresno State and UCLA which are all motivated.

Gordon Oneil

« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2005, 03:16:18 PM »
Boy, from my perspective down here in South Florida, the 2005 football season just took a turn for the better yesterday for THE UM, the Univerisity of Miami Hurricanes.

Evan Fleisher

« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2005, 04:50:48 PM »
Boy, from my perspective down here in South Florida, the 2005 football season just took a turn for the better yesterday for THE UM, the Univerisity of Miami Hurricanes.

Second that...from a DIEHARD 'Canes fan since I was a little lad (a mere 25 years ago or so).
Born Rochester, MN. Grew up Miami, FL. Live Cleveland, OH. Handicap 12.2. Have 24 & 21 year old girls and wife of 27 years. I'm a Senior Supply Chain Business Analyst for Vitamix. Diehard walker, but tolerate cart riders! Love to travel, always have my sticks with me. Mollydooker for life!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back