News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Kyle Harris

Cause and Effect?
« on: October 09, 2005, 12:18:35 PM »
Have increased distances and advances in equipment technology alerted clubs and courses to the need to restorations like tree removal, green expansion, etc?

Is it possible, that while some "bad" renovation work has been done, that there is actually more "good" renovation work being done because of increased distance as well?

A_Clay_Man

Re:Cause and Effect?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2005, 10:44:36 AM »
Have increased distances and advances in equipment technology alerted clubs and courses to the need to restorations like tree removal, green expansion, etc?

Is it possible, that while some "bad" renovation work has been done, that there is actually more "good" renovation work being done because of increased distance as well?

Kyle, Your post deserves more credit than the number of responses would indicate. But don't feel bad, I've been asking for years now, how a rollback would influence the number of future design jobs available. I sense there are more people with thier heads in the sand, on this issue, than just Craig Sweet and myself.

Kyle Harris

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2005, 03:26:49 PM »
Adam,

I generally favor a roll-back in ball technology, frankly, I'd like to see us go back to the "Titleist: Tour Professional" era of the late nineties.

I was/am attempting to pinpoint any correlation to an awareness in distance and technology issues and awareness of the changes a course goes through over time/needs to overcome to retain strategy and difficulty.

Thanks for the bump too.  ;D

TEPaul

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2005, 09:30:56 PM »
Kyle:

It doesn't seem to me that the effect of distance increase has much of anything to do with causing restorartions or their own going popularity.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back