News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

John Pflum

Tom Jefferson
« on: October 11, 2005, 10:32:30 AM »
I'd like to pass along a hearty word of thanks to Tom Jefferson out at Bandon Dunes.  Me and 11 other guys just got back from a great weekend of golf out there.  Tom was kind enough to join us for a couple of holes, walk along and talk some golf.  

Tom -- it was great to meet you and very kind of you to join us.  You have a great place out there.  I hope to make it back someday.  
--
jvdp

RJ_Daley

Re:Tom Jefferson
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2005, 10:37:12 AM »
BTW, thanks TJ for the Louisiana purchase and sending the Corps of Discovery out there to find a land route to Bandon.  It all worked out pretty good, all things considered. ;D
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Tom Jefferson

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2005, 11:00:35 AM »
John;
It was my pleasure to meet all of you this past weekend...it always feels like a privilege to greet guests and share Bandon Dunes with friendly people like you.
Of course, the REAL reason I kept walking with all of you was in hopes of more of the single malt in that most special flask that Todd had in his bag!!!

I'll be looking for your postings/pics of Crystal Downs that you were kind enuf to share on this site.

Mr. Daley................I had hoped that the Louisiana Purchase would be one big golf trail...........imagine that, links holes stretching all the way from there to here!  Just think of the hole from Cheyenne down into Utah!

Tom
the pres

RJ_Daley

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2005, 11:07:00 AM »
Ahh, you are truly a visionary, Tom! ;D
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

John Pflum

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2005, 11:38:59 AM »
Tom,

Here's the link to the course tour of Crystal Downs so that you don't have to dig through all the posts.  .  I had planned on getting up there again this summer to fill in some of the gaps but time got away from me.  

http://www.rsgcincinnati.com/Crystaldowns/crystaldowns.html

Todd was pretty free with that Scotch.  I'm not a Scotch guy but it sure seemed like everyone enjoyed taking swigs.  

Obviously, if you ever make it out to someplace in the Midwest get in touch with me and Sneddon and we'll get a game going.  
--
jvdp

David Sneddon

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2005, 09:42:05 PM »
John;
It was my pleasure to meet all of you this past weekend...it always feels like a privilege to greet guests and share Bandon Dunes with friendly people like you.
Of course, the REAL reason I kept walking with all of you was in hopes of more of the single malt in that most special flask that Todd had in his bag!!!

Tom

Indeed, many thanks for taking the time to walk Trails and Dunes with us, Tom.  I'm grateful for your insight on the building  of the Trails course, and the layout of Bandon Dunes.

I'm sorry we weren't ble to get together afterwards so you could sample more of the fine single-malts on hand - I believe we had 5 bottles on hand, from a 25 yr old Balvenie to a 15 Laphroig, with some interesting distillations in between!! ;D

Thanks again, Tom.

David
Give my love to Mary and bury me in Dornoch

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back